Looking for kernmaster

munkymadman

Ha I don t know I only talk aloud and what I say is probably all bolloxs.

Although just to continue the bolloxs, a large rope access company would probably use all the right channels justifying the use of said rope and make sure they are insured.

I climbed on dyneema rope because Fred on Arbtalk did is not really going to cut it as justification.

If you get these ropes from say Freeworker in Germany they state clear not for PPE, although we all know we will use it as PPE

Not that I care, been climbing on these ropes for years, and actually dislike the stuff that's like ascending on piano wire, and like Adam a bit of bounce does not bother if anything I prefer it.

Freeworker sells CE splices at least it says so on their website.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeworker sells CE splices at least it says so on their website.

I have the catalogue in front of me and it's very clear they are not selling you dyneema line as rope that carries a CE rating, they also make it clear it will most likely never gain CE or meet EN1891.

Freeworker - Liros Torpedo 10 mm Dyneema Seil - climb up high! I didn't translate it but pretty sure " nicht nach EN1891 zertifiziert werden" means no.

They are just making you aware of the facts, fact is they are selling because we want it, yeah it's fine to use, I have for the last five years! But don't go climbing on it just because I do!

woah i didnt expect this much reaction for asking where i can get kern master. so rather than help its further confused me. i think i have some cougar blue i got in oz last year a blue rope with a lighter blue or grey running through it.never asked what it was. nice rope but its on standby in another place at the moment, very smooth with rw lj combo. im a believer in the more static the better, as said you have to account for the base tie extra stretch. also as said style of srwp is a reduced rope angle and its difficult to work above it. those factors have to be accountable.

ill check out this escalator stuff

• 4 months later...