Husqvarna t540xp design flaw ?.

TREE-SURGEON-ESSEX

My new 540 threw off the chain cover the day i first got it, it was tightened correctly etc just to confirm that.

I noticed the nut only screws on about or just over half way on the bolt leaving over two threads unconnected. To me it seams odd not having a bolt that screws completly onto a nut ?.

Can any one with one of these confirm there bolt does not screw all the way in ?.

Lol yes i went over the entire machine before use im fussy about new stuff, the way i see it the cover worked loose because only half the nut can screw onto the short bolt.

I just wanted to know if every other 540 had 2 or more threads showing ?. which would indicate either thats how they have been made or my one is a wrongen.

Terry I just looked on Google images to see if I could see how the nut was tightening on the casings, found a pic and that looked as though the nut doesn't tighten right up!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ill post a pic tomoz, if they are all like it then fair enough im just hoping i dont have a dangerous saw able to strip my hand at any given moment !.

Was really after other users stating they have the same 2-3 threads showing appreciate you taking the time to view buddy :).