Pipmac

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had that once before now.

I have in the past used a cheap pot and a meteor piston, I have had no bad results from this.

It is generally the piston side of the cheap Chinese stuff that is crap. The cylinders are not that bad. I have had one where the ports where not beveled properly so IMO would snag a ring but they where soon smoothed off.

There was a question a while ago about what cylinder to use if using a meteor piston. But I don't think it ever got answered. As just by looking at just a cylinder you can't tell if they are the cheap ones or not. They all look the same, unless its genuine from a dealer.

I had a 026 pot set from them and the first clip I put in broke when I was trying to put it in so I used one of the old clips fine

3-4 tanks of fuel later went to the saw would not start so took it to bits (lucky) other Chineses pin had fell out lol

I could not be bothered with the hassel of ringing them

They would telling me I broke it its not there problem

How do u prove that it's the product not the bloke that put the saw back together

Fault

I won't buy a Chineses pot again

As said before u pay for what u get

When u look at a OEM pot u can see alot of difference from a machining point of view is miles better the pistons fit in the pot better to

Yeah I might have ago at honing the original head and get a metor piston

Don't hone the pot it's nickel plated u will only fetch the plating off (done it with a steady flex hon)

Post pic of the inside of the pot on here and flick through what's on ur bench forum. It will tell u how to deal with ur problem if ur pot ent scrap

Don't hone the pot it's nickel plated u will only fetch the plating off (done it with a steady flex hon)

Post pic of the inside of the pot on here and flick through what's on ur bench forum. It will tell u how to deal with ur problem if ur pot ent scrap

Does that apply to the original husqvarna pot ? Seems pity not to use it as is only very lightly scored

The only ones u can really get away with it is the old pots that have a cast iron sleeve in them

If its light on the scoring

Read what's on ur bench forum and look at spudulike posts he posted once in great detail how to clean up a scored pot with out doing any damage

So u can re use it

I would find the link for u but I'm stuck up a willow waiting for my groundy to clean up lol