Remembering 911, 12 years later.

easy-lift guy

I took this while I was in Newport New Jersey earlier this year. Also had the opportunity to visit the 9/11 memorial and the gardens. Aiming to go back in 2015 to be there on September 11th. It's odd but the memorial garden is far from a somber place, although you need time to gather your thoughts a little.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1378969606.306990.jpg.a0564366ddc10912135aa66a2bbbee5c.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It took me a few seconds to realise it was twisted metal and girders!

I remember exactly where I was, topping a conifer hedge for £80.

We didn't believe the guy who told us about it, when I got home my Mrs was watching it on telly!

RIP to everyone who lost their lives and my heart felt sympathy to all who lost loved ones.

I was in college in a lecture when one of the students just said out loud that the White House had been hit by a bomb, he had got it in a text.

Luckily that wasn't the case for the White House but remember going back to the dorm and turning on the telly.

Saw much of it as it happened. Took a while to sink in what I was seeing.

Was watching the programmes on it all over the weekend. Think it was all on channel four. A few programmes covering all the events. Both before during and after. Was very touched by the firemens story one. They went through a lot and then the aftermath and the press outcome about them was just pathetic IMO.

Was a big game changer towards terrorism.

I'll never forget where I was when this happened, sitting in the office of the koi carp store at which I had a summer job, the bosses where due to fly out of heathrow the next day when they phoned to say what had happened - we had no telly or radio at the shop.

RIP all those who lost their lives that day, and since the event, and thoughts to their families.

1236687_10151952417043273_1854569071_n.jpg.bbb7cf602dba17d9fcbdc7967b7ac60d.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts. I was watching a documentary last night presented by the History channel on 911. This presentation gives a running time line from the moment the first jet crashes into WTC Tower I until falling of tower II. This program is very graphic and is all shot by news crews and private citizens on site at the time of attack in NYC. If anyone truly wants to have a first hand accounting of this terrorist attack against my country I would recommend this program 100%.

easy-lift guy

Will have to look it up ted. The tv is different over here and we normally don't get programmes fro a few months after.

The documentarys about it are really good. And shows the courage and bravery of not just the fire departments it also of the every day people that where there.

Saw one that was called "the mirical stairway B" and shows how people survived the fall and was alive at the end due to being in a stairway that didn't collapse but stayed in shape. And it was due to a couple of people making decisions at the time to take that stairway and one women who pushed the group to move faster than they where.