Major break in, Surrey

Steve Bullman

£39830 totaled up is that a new arbtalk theft record?

thats a lot of hot kit to shift, i assume for that kind of kit they must have had some serious security? i really hope for the owners sake the insurance dont give them a hard time

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought a truck off a dodgy bloke who offered to supply me with a mini digger from the 'Other Side' All the trackers removed of course, he also told me he could get wood chippers and was trying to flog me brand new combi boilers at a bargain price.

I bet if I gave him a call some of this stolen stuff would turn up, but then I would no doubt have trouble walking with broken legs, or worse.

Although my old firm suffered from losses from theft or fire, evertime I read threads like this my blood pressure goes skyhigh, I can never get used to the situation.

Who nicks it, who fences it, who ships it and who receives it?. Which country does it end up in? and how much of my taxes goes to that country in EU money because they need "regeneration". Which minority group feeds this "market" and why aren't those who are caught truly punished for it.

I feel truly sorry for the people/victims of crime and a growing sense of outrage that "the system" can do, will do nothing for them.

In a sad way, many of us are to blame (too a degree) for not getting involved. A previous post stated that he was offered some hooky gear, why did that not get reported?

Edited by PeteB
spelling

In the last 2 weeks we have had customers report 2 x Schliesing 550ZX stolen. 1 was attached to a John Deere6820. Thats a big tractor and chipper. It was on the railway a very long way from an exit/entrance and totally out of site!!! These chippers are not common, but still vanish without trace.

In a sad way, many of us are to blame (too a degree) for not getting involved. A previous post stated that he was offered some hooky gear, why did that not get reported?

Naive? maybe? I don't know, the guy I met with the digger offer is well known to the police, having, I have heard, spent a deal of time doing porridge for money laundering.

This type of person is a career criminal, jail is a occupational hazard, I may yet grass him up because he is a scumbag, but I can't do it straight away because he may suss that it was me.