362 or 560???

Tom Hall

Ok . Well whatever it was in there he took it out ! Its as loud as a loud thing and you can see the weld line where he cut and shut it ...

I understand (from other saw forums) that removing the innards mainly increase the noise level, and doesn't really do much for the power utput.

I am not an expert though, and opinions will no doubt vary!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds better! :001_smile:

You seem to be on here a fair bit troll, prefer the European arbs more now?

Did you say whether the clutch of the 562 was the larger rim type to fit a 9t, or is it the small size that most 60cc and below saws have?

I would be interested in what you do to mod the saw pete, do you port them, or just tweak slightly?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Easy i was just stirring it up a lil 🎉

Told ya! You stihl blokes! Always trying to flog the bigger saw. 😣 Have you ran a 362 dan?

All things said and done, jnoon has a 362, ask his opinion on that, but not on the 560, his was a Friday special!

You've heard enough on the 560 for a verdict on that, anyone who says different had a Friday saw (3 people IIRC) or haven't run the saw... 😒

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Lol didnt say id run a 362

Imo and if it was me and i wanted to run a small bar id get the 260/1 on a 15"-16" bar 50cc. Then just have the 660/1 and run 2-3bars off that. The max ud run on a 461 is 25" which could be your minimum on a 660/1.

Easy

You're almost sounding old school there Dan!

Many of you young 'uns maybe wont remember the days of one saw does all, back in the 1980's! As a full on felling gang we had 3 saws, a 181 with a 16" bar, a 181 with a 20" bar and a 181 with a 28" bar. There wasn't much variety then but they did all we needed!:thumbup:

You're almost sounding old school there Dan!

Many of you young 'uns maybe wont remember the days of one saw does all, back in the 1980's! As a full on felling gang we had 3 saws, a 181 with a 16" bar, a 181 with a 20" bar and a 181 with a 28" bar. There wasn't much variety then but they did all we needed!:thumbup:

Lol I've been thinking lately what I'm going to do. If i had the cash id buy every stihl, but i haven't so I'm going down this route lol

Cheer Pops 😜