Ex cop enters cordoned of risk zone.

Roni Macdonald

Roni, Have you got any more information on what went on? I take it the guy entered your work area and held up the works, if you have any of his contact information you might be able to send him an invoice for lost work time. Not sure if that might put him off.

Was this on a council contract? Are the council giving you any back up? Are you Arb approved?

If he cost you time, Well i dont know how you go about that, But slander... ... has he put it in print?

Was a local council contract and yes they are behind us Not ARB approved as yet.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slander is spoken Chris, libel is printed.

The bloke is a massive cock, crack a cold one and move on.

No one listens to little Hitlers like that anyway.

Hey cheers Mark, every days a school day:) I used to get wound up by guys like this, and it can really screw you up thinking "this guy will ruin us", and like you said no one listens too him apart from himself.

I now think, Screw em! let them get on with there own rant, and i sleep a hell of a lot better :)

Best attitude Chris, spot on.

Cheers Mark, Thats how i would deal with it. But I can understand Roni's predicament, its just knowing when to stand back and say enough is enough.

The jobs hard enough (as well you know) without some narrow minded prick causing hassle Sod em! :) Lifes too short

If you want to avoid too much hassle, but reenforce your right to go about your lawful business, you could try contacting the community liaison PC. I had a site clearance where a number of neighbours were really anti. They'd done all the planning objections, and failed, but my gang was the first physical presence on site and an obvious target. I had verbal abuse, threats, insults and swearing. Under normal circumstances my rhino hide wouldn't have flinched but from a "supposedly" respectable middle class "lady" and her lacky Justice of the peace wing man, I thought right, we'll play it by the numbers. I explained to the PC that should it happen again, there is likely to be a breach of the peace (in old speak.) And would they be kind enough to advise the perp of the potential for contravening Section 4 Public Order Act. The "Lady" got a visit from plod which set all the curtains twitching and I was keen to make sure the friendly neighbours knew why the police were in the parish. Didn't see her again. So if its still troubling you, that could be a simple, low hassle solution to stop him doing it again. Easier than a formal complaint and rather (smugly) satisfying.

If you want to avoid too much hassle, but reenforce your right to go about your lawful business, you could try contacting the community liaison PC. I had a site clearance where a number of neighbours were really anti. They'd done all the planning objections, and failed, but my gang was the first physical presence on site and an obvious target. I had verbal abuse, threats, insults and swearing. Under normal circumstances my rhino hide wouldn't have flinched but from a "supposedly" respectable middle class "lady" and her lacky Justice of the peace wing man, I thought right, we'll play it by the numbers. I explained to the PC that should it happen again, there is likely to be a breach of the peace (in old speak.) And would they be kind enough to advise the perp of the potential for contravening Section 4 Public Order Act. The "Lady" got a visit from plod which set all the curtains twitching and I was keen to make sure the friendly neighbours knew why the police were in the parish. Didn't see her again. So if its still troubling you, that could be a simple, low hassle solution to stop him doing it again. Easier than a formal complaint and rather (smugly) satisfying.

Apparently no such officer in this area. Will speak with local counsellor, also ex cop but reasonable one.

If you want to avoid too much hassle, but reenforce your right to go about your lawful business, you could try contacting the community liaison PC. ...... Easier than a formal complaint and rather (smugly) satisfying.

Like it, very good idea. :thumbup:

This happens every now and then and can be a real pain dealing with unreasonable neighbours who have appointed themselves Eco warriors even when the TPO/CA paperwork is in order. Will be keeping a list of relevant community liaison PCs' numbers for future reference.

if you have barriers up and signs saying do not enter and he does and get hurt then his fault.

I think that the HSE might take a different view.

Even if the bloke is an idiot and irrespective of whatever signs and barriers that you have in place, if some unauthorised person enters your work area you should stop work until they are clear. Controlling the work area is the contractors responsibility.