Where can I hire a digger with grab?, Surrey

Jonny Burch

Morning

I've been asked to price some woodland work and need to price in the hire of a digger with a grab to move the timber that's coming out.

Can anyone recommend a hire firm that would have machinery like that??

Much appreciated as always

Jonny:001_smile:

Hi Jonny,

We have a 2.2 ton machine with a fixed grapple that is used for woodand work.

I also may be able to get hold of a 5ton with a fixed grapple.

What sizes of timber and quantity will you be extracting, how far is the extraction?

Pm me on here if your interested

As Timbermcpherson rightly says, having one with a skilled operator is the best way.

I've just finished fitting a timber grapple to my 360 machine and even with over 30 years experience on a County based forwarder I am being very cautious.

Surrey is a very long way from me too!

codlasher

DSC07542.jpg.b884ef09cb4f80826b3d223135549216.jpg

I already had the grapple from an older forestry crane but everything else is new.

So, rough fag packet costs, £1700 without the grapple, which would probably cost £400 so all in £2100. The pipework and the associated BSP fittings alone were £400....Each were measured as a pair and bound in 'Spiralux' for protection.

Plus my time thinking the project through and making the smaller bracketry needed for things like the diverter valves and mounting the Holmbury flush-fit couplings.

Two were already fitted, as there is a pecker circuit that works the grapple itself, but I had to divert the bucket crowd ram circuit to operate the rotator.

I have already done several little jobs just 'moving' equipment in a end of summer tidy up. This has given me a chance to try it out and get used to what to watch out for.....Don't get too close to the cab.......Which way the pecker operating lever releases the grapple. I've written that in permanent marker so I can see it in front of me, just as a reminder!

codlasher