William Hague - What the hell are you thinking?!!!

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dictator has spoken. He still has no clothes on and continues to preach the double standard when suits his needs. Next thing you know someone might claim ownership to something as opposed to stewartship:sneaky2:, Darn, I just realized they may be one in the same:laugh1:.

easy-lift guy

Wax on. Wax off. One day I'll let you paint the fence.

Probably because Syria is very close to Iran both politically and geographically. It's also militarily and strategically important for the western allies to get a foothold in Syria to further separate Hezbollah in Lebanon from Iran in a geographical sense and limit Iran's allies in the area. It wont work, the religious and political allegiances in the middle east are very complex.

For example, if the US, UK etc launch cruise missile attacks on Syria, Hezbollah will probably fire 1000s of rockets into Israel from Lebanon in retaliation. Iran will probably stay out of it, biding their time, but they'll probably be supplying Hezbollah with arms. If Iran can persuade the muslim world that the US/UK attacking Syria is another example of westerners invading a muslim country yet again, the whole dynamic will shift to muslims vs westerners

map-syria-iran.gif

Ah I know the answer it was a rhetorical question. What will happen now? I presume the government can't do anything unless the UN agrees on it which is unlikely. Will the US and France go attack alone?

Sent using My c

Ah I know the answer it was a rhetorical question. What will happen now? I presume the government can't do anything unless the UN agrees on it which is unlikely. Will the US and France go attack alone?

Sent using My c

I believe France will provide material support at best. Since the person renting out 1600 PA Ave. requires approval from Congress to go to war, I believe he may still attack in spite of the fact that this is a clear and unlawful act against the US Constitution. He does not control Congress any more, has not since 2010. One more charge of impeachment to be brought up when and if enough men and women of courage make the citizens voices heard. If the US does attack Syria, do not expect any help for Israel from the US. The person in the WH likes Israel even less than the UK:sneaky2:.

Loose Loose, sad to say:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Tony and easy lift guy, get yourselves a room, there's far too much sexual tension between you! And, Boss, Sir, Mr Moderator, YOU'RE derailing the thread (which of course, as moderator/owner/dictator of the universe) you may be totally entitled to due (just don't Sarin gas us or imprison us for walking the wrong way on the wheel of expression) (careful not to mention the 'free' word when referring to expression!)

Getting back on thread, what I find depressing this morning is the pap coming out of the pro-military intervention politicians such that if there's no military intervention the assumption is that we sit idly by and watch it unfold. Military intervention is a very blunt tool, and in my humble opinion, entirely inappropriate in these circumstances especially mindful of the exceptionally delicate strategic consequences. That's not to say diplomacy, statesmanship and politics are inappropriate. That's meant to be the job of government not just reverting to the fist because the former is too much effort. Do your bloody job!