Rogue Traders - Monday 16 March - Rogue Tree Surgeons

Honey Bros

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no way there experts would of seen that cavity under the ivy, prices werent too crazy, they obviously hadnt a clue what they are doing though.but as steve says just a ignorant not evil.(not like the aerial guy) personally i would of recomended felling, if i found that big cavity. i was in a garden today doing clearing rhoddies, the wee old wifey was lovely and clearly wasnt rolling in it. there was a big sitka that had been topped at least 30yrs ago, it had grown out under some bigger larch. it was made up of 3 monster limbs on the oneside that grew to about 40feet. the tree had a lean of about 15-20degrees towards her house which i recon has always been there due to its situation, the backside of the tree was had a burn about 3 feet behind it, so no major anchor roots as i could see the other buttresses. i hated telling her the tree was a bit dodgy and i recommended she monitored it, i will pop in every time i am passing to keep an eye on it. she would of let me fell it no bother and had the cash. she never uses the garden now as her husband is housebound. so the risk to life isnt high. but if it was a guy,that had a young family that played in the garden all the time i would of recommended felling it. but i felt my decision was swayed due the ladies age and circumstances, not the trees condition for the fear of someone thinking i was ripping her off. just remembered the old guys letter of condemnation, i take it back, robbing old git

Edited by Stephen Blair

what's wrong with shorts and flip flops?

Good mate of mine used to work all round the world on wooden hulled big old yachts. He was working in a boatyard in brazil when he was 'a bit green still' and the locals were sporting flip-flops, shorts and 3' bars, the chains so loose that you could get your whole wrist between the bar and chain. On pointing out that this may have been just a teeny bit dangerous, the answer came back "you cant cut curves with a tight chain!":scared1::001_tongue: