Unimogs

tommer9

This thread is coz i havent got one! And wa prompted by mention of skyhucks and swbs mogs. I have always wanted a mog, until i worked with a mate and his U900. It had a crane which couldnt lift much, a winch which wa really slow, and no load bed to speak of. I started thinking that they were just expensive toys which wealthy tree surgeons/foresters had.....then i joined arbtalk and saw the mogs on here....

so, with these bigger machines, is there little they cant do? Elighten the now (re-)converted.:001_smile:

Obviously feel free to post as many pics as you like......:001_tongue:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is coz i havent got one! And wa prompted by mention of skyhucks and swbs mogs. I have always wanted a mog, until i worked with a mate and his U900. It had a crane which couldnt lift much, a winch which wa really slow, and no load bed to speak of. I started thinking that they were just expensive toys which wealthy tree surgeons/foresters had.....then i joined arbtalk and saw the mogs on here....

so, with these bigger machines, is there little they cant do? Elighten the now (re-)converted.:001_smile:

Obviously feel free to post as many pics as you like......:001_tongue:

mog mog mogity mog:001_tongue:

_DSC6985.jpg.772e26b1d922cb90a1e816fe27314629.jpg

Yeah, they're a bit more like it. They are actually pretty useful looking, rather than just looking pretty:001_tongue: Do you have the chippers mounted all the time?

I dont think gear like that would earn its keep in cornwall!!:sad:Not many big trees down here! Do you ever play in them or are they just for work?

Yeah, they're a bit more like it. They are actually pretty useful looking, rather than just looking pretty:001_tongue: Do you have the chippers mounted all the time?

I dont think gear like that would earn its keep in cornwall!!:sad:Not many big trees down here! Do you ever play in them or are they just for work?

you dont have to do big trees all the time, i love the fact i can have a 10inch chipper,chip box,3 seats and a winch on one vehicle. i dont need to muck about every morning and night taking on and off a chipper. no rd tax,no mot and red diesel. if i want i can stick a big ag trailer on it, and take on pretty much anything that this job throws at me. it is far easier to manouvre than a vehicle with toe behind and i dont have to screw the guts out it with a load on. we have loads of hills up here, and i got stuck on a grass verge before with the transit:scared1:they hardly depreciate. they do break down, but what doesnt. my mog is a no spill unit, the spout fits inside the box, no sweeping up of scattered chips. this job took me 50 mins from start to finish yesterday.

597653f056ec3_farmbeeches2011.jpg.36c58567e297373b97fc59bf99104917.jpg

597653f054b75_farmbeeches2013.jpg.eef0dc685e5e9f2f51876d63a1dbe88e.jpg

597653f0453cb_farmbeeches2012.jpg.ae27748ca96f2aa9cec0d427a8cbe0e2.jpg

Edited by Stephen Blair

50 mins! Paople tell me i have a pretty handy defender/ 6"chipper outfit, but to take them down and clean up like that in 50 mins! I see your point! Do you have smaller trucks also or not bother at all now you have the mog?