461 or 441 with heated handles??

jamesd

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing i liked about the 441 was it had the choice of heated handles, i know its a bit fussy but would have liked to of had that option with the 461. In an ideal world i would have brought the 461 with heatedhandles.

Does the 441 have a few problems with it then?

The 461 is available in other countries with heated handles but Stihl UK don't offer it for some reason. Unless your going to be running the saw for long periods in cold and/or wet weather then I wouldn't bother with them.

441 is just a different kind of saw you'll either love it or hate type thing. AV's are squishy and it just doesn't feel like the solid power horse that is the 461.

Cheers for the input Tapio the 441 has the electronic tuning system thing which i'm not to sure about as i've had no experience with it, is it as reliable as the 461?

I think i'd prefer to have a more solid machine in my hand tbh.

I don't suppose you've used a 372xp? that would be my other consideration as it is similar horse power to the 461 but comes with the heated handles (if i really wanted them!) A few people seem to rate them as well on here.

It's got 0.3 HP more! A muffler mod on the 441 would even that out

The dual port muffler cover off of a 460 fits the 461 so that'd have the 461 ahead again.

Sorry Jamesd I've no experience with current 372. As for m-tronic I've got a 241 with that and it's been fine so far . . . to early to tell really, if and when it does go wrong I can imagine it might be pricey though.

I'd have liked a 461 with heated handles too, but not missed them yet!

No idea on 441 reliability as never owned one only used them, but if you want a good strong saw and you can do without heated handles then 461 no question.:thumbup:

It's got 0.3 HP more! A muffler mod on the 441 would even that out

The dual port muffler cover off of a 460 fits the 461 so that'd have the 461 ahead again.

Sorry Jamesd I've no experience with current 372. As for m-tronic I've got a 241 with that and it's been fine so far . . . to early to tell really, if and when it does go wrong I can imagine it might be pricey though.

I'd have liked a 461 with heated handles too, but not missed them yet!

No idea on 441 reliability as never owned one only used them, but if you want a good strong saw and you can do without heated handles then 461 no question.:thumbup:

HI TAPIO your right there mate the 461 is a very good saw mate :thumbup:jon