Right or wrong

Billbigtree

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no matter what you do someone will come in and undercut you. i priced a grass cutting job quoted £40 a cut every two weeks on a recreation ground. a large firm priced it at £30. why they had to go that way cutting other jobs so it paid for there fuel. could not compete with them. quoted for a grasscutting job was £50 cheaper went with the other firm as bigger nad thought they would do a better job. they noe know they do not. so even if they did not by climbing gear on the cheap will still go for job and beat you on price. all you can do is carry on and get work on recomendations and references. there are still people out there who want a decent job done at a fair price. not for the cheapest.

How very VERY true well put

I get that I'm having a moan yes it does annoy me but is there nothing the industry could do to stop these firms or even police it a little bit. I go out quoting a lot I try to give theses people the most sensible price I can and a lot of the time you can just see the person isn't going to have you back. I think that my original question was more on the grounds of morales rather than shoulds

They could just be selling them because they got a little bit of dirt on the corner or they dont match the colour of their timberlakes. Or maybe they are last years colours it does not look good when you are strutting around on the ground if you are not up with the latest fashion. :biggrin:

I'm with you Billibigtree just on safety grounds.

Giving someone a condemned harness and kit is a bit like putting a loaded gun in a child's hands.

Especially when you know the people you are selling to have no idea/interest about LOLER.

In terms of gaining work though, you just have to sell yourself properly.

I'm with you Billibigtree just on safety grounds.

Giving someone a condemned harness and kit is a bit like putting a loaded gun in a child's hands.

Especially when you know the people you are selling to have no idea/interest about LOLER.

In terms of gaining work though, you just have to sell yourself properly.

But there not giving it to them, they are being sold at a car boot sale. If people want to chance it with second hand ropes- let them crack on with, natural selection and all that, if people know what they are doing then they wouldn't buy shoddy gear.

Who in their right mind would buy life support equipment from a car boot sale?If its not good enough for the company selling it, then its likely not good enough for anyone.Why sell servicable gear?

If someone who cant speak English properly bought it then i couldnt care less.If a mate, or someone i know bought it, then i would have some concerns.