550xpg yes or no

Brushcutter

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, theres bolts above and below the exhaust on the crank case so it doesnt come apart it just leaks your chainsaw oil, it's happened with two saws we have,

Oh I see . The " glue " you refer to is gasket seal then ?

Had mine same time as stubby I guess only faults have been the starter recoil and the brake band and both have been offered under warrantee and upgraded... I love mine ! The finest saw I have used , I seriously think the auto tune is the best thing developed but the saw in the hands of many people like a tree crew ,I would opt for a stihl as they seem to plod on regardless no matter if they are used blunt or filters clogged ect ... Pro husky saws are a one cutter saw only from my experience ... You need to check them over constantly for loose bolts first few months keep them sharp but in wood they are far more productive than the stihl pro range IMO if you are using them daily and figure out there quirks.

Thats the top and bottom of it really Matty . Could not have put it any better bud .

As you can tell from my post i didn't and it seems to be why I'm having problems.Would like to know how many of you done this when you first used this type of saw and if you had any breakdown faults or not.

I was the same as you when I got mine and it wouldn't start after being in the sun to long, the dealer took it back and said he'd fixed the carb, when I got it back I followed the book to the letter and had no probs starting warm there after its just the exhaust prob and brake bands I've had probs with, I do agree it makes a huge difference in the woods, other guys have the 365 and 357xp and the 560xp blows them out the water especially with brashing hairy outsiders!

As you can tell from my post i didn't and it seems to be why I'm having problems.Would like to know how many of you done this when you first used this type of saw and if you had any breakdown faults or not.

I did it when I first got it as I said in 2011 . Then I got it ported/tweeked by petemate . Now its a loony !!

Totally agree Matty, they are completely different to anything else on the market, I love the auto tune, but it does have to set up. RTFM!

I have auto tune on the 576xpg and i love that. Never had any engine problems with that. I think i'll add a 550 and a 560 to the collection:thumbup1: