Major Incident (H & S)

Highland Forestry

Does anybody have any documentation for the procedure following a major health and safety incident?

I am trying to gather together an official procedure for dealing with a non compliance incident and put some sort of policy in place regarding internal investigation and findings of an investigation, and need to know how it should be presented..

Is there any kind of official way to introduce new procedures and to present reports??

any help greatly appreciated

Does anybody have any documentation for the procedure following a major health and safety incident?

I am trying to gather together an official procedure for dealing with a non compliance incident and put some sort of policy in place regarding internal investigation and findings of an investigation, and need to know how it should be presented..

Is there any kind of official way to introduce new procedures and to present reports??

any help greatly appreciated

In the case of a major incident , I think HSE will provide enough paper work for you, I think it's best to avoid these situations happening rather than what to do after it happens

, paperwork can overtake what is in practise a praticle job, as said before BS baffles brains.

It's tied into an incident that happened last weekend and could have potentially been extremely dangerous, it did not involve myself but did involve a sub-contractor working for me.

Following this incident I have been advised by the director of harvesting for a large company based up here that they are requiring me to carry out an internal investigation, present to them a report detailing the findings of the investigation and then to put in place any new procedures required to make sure it does not happen again. I am also required to re do the risk assessment for this specific task and i'll also have to consider disciplinary action.

Bullshit may baffle brains, but I don't need to bullshit anyone - This incident is not reportable to the HSE, but if I do not comply in a professional and concise manor I will lose my contract with this company which is not an option..

I have to take full responsibility for this incident as I am the nominated contractor, so now I have a huge can of worms and they're everywhere!!

Doesnt sound too good that mate.

Might be best to get a safety inspector in to sort it out, especially if your contract is at stake.

Surely would look better that you are getting professional help no matter what the findings are.

Thank god I havent had to do anything like this before myself so obviously my comments might not be valid.

Good luck, I hope you can get it sorted.

It's tied into an incident that happened last weekend and could have potentially been extremely dangerous, it did not involve myself but did involve a sub-contractor working for me.

Following this incident I have been advised by the director of harvesting for a large company based up here that they are requiring me to carry out an internal investigation, present to them a report detailing the findings of the investigation and then to put in place any new procedures required to make sure it does not happen again. I am also required to re do the risk assessment for this specific task and i'll also have to consider disciplinary action.

Bullshit may baffle brains, but I don't need to bullshit anyone - This incident is not reportable to the HSE, but if I do not comply in a professional and concise manor I will lose my contract with this company which is not an option..

I have to take full responsibility for this incident as I am the nominated contractor, so now I have a huge can of worms and they're everywhere!!

I think it comes down to who's at fault.

if it's you , then you carry the can, and try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

If it's the sub contractor- bin him

You don't need the hassle or worry.

If it isn't reportable to HSE , it surely isn't that serious however it's hard to say without knowing the facts.

It sounds to me that all they want is for you to do explain how the accident was able to happen, and for you to "show" what measures are going to be in place in future to prevent a similar accident from happening again.

Yep, thats exactly what they want - but they want me to present everything in writing and officially.