Hawthorn prick

Dean Lofthouse

What got my goat last year was watching one of these scammers programs, where they gathered evidence via video of people (with supposed back problems) running along the beach, swimming and climbing ladders.

Whilst they may have been guenuinly scamming, it was annoying that the "investigators" came to the conclusion that because the people in question, could run, swim and climb ladders, that they didn't have back problems.

I can bend and touch my toes, lift more than my body weight and swing about in trees, yet on some days I can't get out of bed in a morning and the wife has to put my socks on for me

I'll go the whole hog with this physio and push for a scan, but the doctor has told me that it is the physio that decides whether a scan is warranted or not.

I can totally relat to that, although with me it was the other way round- the physio sent me to the doc to get a referral for scan I think. Leave that one with me, and i will ask her the way it works, as i could have got that last bit wrong.:blushing:

What got my goat last year was watching one of these scammers programs, where they gathered evidence via video of people (with supposed back problems) running along the beach, swimming and climbing ladders.

Whilst they may have been guenuinly scamming, it was annoying that the "investigators" came to the conclusion that because the people in question, could run, swim and climb ladders, that they didn't have back problems.

I can bend and touch my toes, lift more than my body weight and swing about in trees, yet on some days I can't get out of bed in a morning and the wife has to put my socks on for me

I'll go the whole hog with this physio and push for a scan, but the doctor has told me that it is the physio that decides whether a scan is warranted or not.

ostio,ostio,ostio. i tried doctors they gave me pain killers. i tried physios they told me to rest. back got worse. tried chiros. got worse. tried an ostio, he spotted my problem the minute i took my top off, bow string back. a common problem with laboures and pannel beaters. all arms and shoulders. bashing and lifting heavy weights all day long, and one side of my body was obviously stronger than the other. i do my first back exercise before i get out of bed, i have a special pillow and sleep in a different position. what does a dog do when it stands up?has a big stretch, every time. they have even proved ants stretch.:ohmy: even when i drag brash i alternate sides, even brushing and raking. if i have a really hefty day knocking my pan in, i will take it easier the next. oh and a hot tub helps aswell:001_tongue:

The mri is the way forward Dean, I had physio for a while then it just leveled off then mri found slipped disc. Just go in there and say i want an mri, go on be different:001_smile:

When it comes down to my health now there's no messing , been out of it for almost 2years now. Slowly trying to get back into the swing of things.

Dean my Doc was useless so I went private but still had to get a referral from my docs for the MRI.

There were times when I could touch the floor and do anything without too much pain, then other times when I could not even stand, its normally to do with your discs touching on nerves.

Best thing I did was having the scan, after the scan even my untrained eye could see the problem in the scan results. Even though I'm on my back at the moment still recovering from the op I can tell things are going to be better.

There is no need to resign yourself to pain for the rest of your life - push for the MRI you have paid in, now its time to cash in.:001_smile:

The orthopedic physio appointment is in about a month, I will quiz him about how I can get the scan and then press the doc if need be.

She was a bit abrupt was the doctor today, she may have been having a bad day, she will be next time if she's been bulling me :001_tongue:

You'll be taking up trampolining then Justin when your back on your feet, I find the triple back somersault most exhilerating :001_tongue:

ostio,ostio,ostio. i tried doctors they gave me pain killers. i tried physios they told me to rest. back got worse. tried chiros. got worse. tried an ostio, he spotted my problem the minute i took my top off, bow string back. a common problem with laboures and pannel beaters. all arms and shoulders. bashing and lifting heavy weights all day long, and one side of my body was obviously stronger than the other. i do my first back exercise before i get out of bed, i have a special pillow and sleep in a different position. what does a dog do when it stands up?has a big stretch, every time. they have even proved ants stretch.:ohmy: even when i drag brash i alternate sides, even brushing and raking. if i have a really hefty day knocking my pan in, i will take it easier the next. oh and a hot tub helps aswell:001_tongue:

we all know the real reason one side is stronger than the other shrek...............................cos the mog's gear stick is a bugger to change. hahaha

Special pillow for a special lad. Bless you Stephen. :001_tongue:

we all know the real reason one side is stronger than the other shrek...............................cos the mog's gear stick is a bugger to change. hahaha

Special pillow for a special lad. Bless you Stephen. :001_tongue:

could some whizz kid put up the scene on 'so i married an axe murderer' where the old scottish dad is slagging his son with the HUGE HEED lol:001_smile: