Creosote Fencing Posts

carpenter1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the post saver is concerned...unless you driving your posts into really soft ground there not really any good as they just peel off as you knock the post in

According to the Postsaver FAQ's they've tested extensively into stoney ground without problems, and I'm sure Network Rail have quite a bit of stoney ground. Did you bang some in that weren't heated/ stuck to the post properly? cheers

No they were fitted by a bloke post saver recommended and they peeled off. My self and my boss at the time didnt rate them at all, we read all the faQ's and though we would give then a go cause they sounded a good product but saddle they didn't perform as expected. Better off with creo in my opinion

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

No they were fitted by a bloke post saver recommended and they peeled off. My self and my boss at the time didnt rate them at all, we read all the faQ's and though we would give then a go cause they sounded a good product but saddle they didn't perform as expected. Better off with creo in my opinion

What date did you fit them and was it in really hard ground? Looks like they upgraded the sleeve design sometime in Winter 2012.... maybe the Mk1 sleeve version had a few problems??

It was late 11 early 12 at a guess so they may have improved them since then. It was yes, fairly chalky to be fair but the bloke selling them (obviously) said they would be fine. If they have improved them then good but first impressions were not so good for me is all I'm saying

• 2 weeks later...
Saw them at the show but can't really see it working as the seal this product makes is going to be broken the second you bang it into the ground and the rocks scrape of some of the outer layer.

Fair point - but if you're fitting posts into rocky ground probably best not to use wooden posts! (Fortunately for us, we have soil).