Grinder Ramps

Mark Bolam

Recently got a small grinder (Carlton 900), and two of us were lifting it on and off a Transit bed, but it was a bit awkward.

Any tips or ramp ideas would be very welcome.

A plant trailer is not an option at the moment.

The machine is not self-propelled and weighs approx. 100kg for those not familiar with it.

Thanks.

Jesse on here used to have one, we lifted it on and off the truckall the time, I didn't mind that. (One person on the ground lifting from the cutter head, other on the truck bed lifting from the control handle, easiest way) But he asked me to use it once and I threatened to sue him, then he saked me :-(

Tom, I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

The ability to load it on my own would be a big bonus.

Toms lying about that, the way I took hold of it Tom had all the weight :thumbup: I did on a few occasions when Tom was in Care have to lift it on my own, it can be done, but you will need a change of underpants before going off to the job. Try Rampco, top tip, ask for a quote on the ramps the size down from what you require, as they will try and sell you the next size up for the same price , if you can understand that. :thumbup1:

Another top tip, get rid of those finger teeth and fit, just bolt on, Greenteeth 500's Red, you want 4 pairs, so 8 chisels in all, and get all the same pocket holders , off set centre. That little grinder will then really make short work of stumps, only got rid of mine as SOMEONE refused to use it !!! said it made their teeth chatter and sweat too much, people pay now to go on those vibrating exercise machines.:thumbup1: