JJ Cale R.I.P.

scotspine1

Anyone here like JJ Cale? cool guy, cool music, sad to see him gone, if you've never heard him play and sing here he is paying a couple of his songs with Eric Clapton making a guest appearance - anyone into guitar playing will dig this, Cale plays some of his trademark finger picking from 2.22 to around 2.53 then gives way to Clapton's plectrum style..........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WUeOEkl270]JJ Cale, Eric Clapton (After Midnight & Call me the Breeze) - YouTube[/ame]

Spent the summer of 1988 working in France sharing digs with 2 guys. Only music available was a couple of dodgy C90 tapes one of the others had brought, which got played incessantly whenever we were in the room. One was an old fave, Led Zep Physical Graffiti and the other had JJ Cale's Naturally and Troubadour albums on it, which I'd never heard of before. The tapes got played a LOT and the continual repetition was pretty hypnotic, so we got to know all the tracks in intimate detail. They were our desert island discs for the duration and whenever I hear them it will always remind me of that sunny alpine summer.

Brilliant songs from a really groovy guy. :grinning-smiley-003:grinning-smiley-003:grinning-smiley-003

first JJ Cale album I heard was Grasshopper, first tune was Downtown LA, still one of my favourite tunes, mainly because of the soulful effortless guitar playing that just fits in so well with the tune

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ieRStrwEI]J.J. Cale - Downtown L.A. - YouTube[/ame]