company days out.

Eddie Coyle

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM my staffs bonus!

The simple fact they have a job should mean it is THEY who pay homage to me not I to them.

I am the great provider, kneel before me and kiss my Meindel's

Ty

Employers are great and payslips are their prophet!

I've been on both sides, been employed and given lots, got rewarded lots.

Been employer and given lots, got sweet fanny Adams in return

But,

If you give your staff something (other than their agreed wages) , why do you expect something in return?

Yes, it seems fair, but unless otherwise agreed a gift is just that. A present for which no return favour etc is to be expected.

If you do expect something back, say so and make it a barter as it surely is not a gift?

As for lending employees kit, I have just two rules:1 if you brake it, you replace it with the same machine brand new or die trying.

2 Don't lend out anything you cannot afford to loose.

Been there , done that , paid for breaky every day for months and years in some cases, gave bonuses, let them use kit and vehicles and most of them would come out a shop and never think to buy me a juice!!!

Nights out, meals , bowling, currys.

Even bought 1 a car once and another lad sorted his £32k worth of credit cards and gave him saws and hedge cutters and a friend gave him a van and I did all his trees at his house costing me £500.

I gave the guys £80 bonus for 2 hours work ontop of their wages.

Never heard from him again!

Put 2 guys through chainsaw courses, 1 never came back to work and threatened me so I gave him money, the other chucked it soon after for another job!

The more you give the less you get from my experience!

You sound like an appreciative guy, you are a rare breed!!:)

Ranty rant over!:)

sounds familiar its only a rare few who have returned a favour like that who we have treated like you say we buy brekkies, xmas parties fully paid for apf visits etc but lads have just taken n not really appreciated. lads weve got now often buy us brekkies. but i know about paying out to help em out.... thing is i dont think they think where that money really comes from.... our pockets

joy

we still have bonuses. xmas parties paid nights out for lads birthdays as i feel we share our profits with them we still do this its how we try to keep good staff

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Employers are great and payslips are their prophet!

I've been on both sides, been employed and given lots, got rewarded lots.

Been employer and given lots, got sweet fanny Adams in return

But,

If you give your staff something (other than their agreed wages) , why do you expect something in return?

Yes, it seems fair, but unless otherwise agreed a gift is just that. A present for which no return favour etc is to be expected.

if you do expect something back, say so and make it a barter as it surely is not a gift?

As for lending employees kit, I have just two rules:1 if you brake it, you replace it with the same machine brand new or die trying.

2 Don't lend out anything you cannot afford to loose.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.

I disagree, I find that the better you treat people, then the better they treat you.

Yes I have been taken for a mug in the past, and yes it has cost me, but, and it is a big but, after many years I have a group of people who I can call on anytime, who remember what I have done for them in the past.

There will always be takers who stiff you, but most people do the right thing.

I disagree, I find that the better you treat people, then the better they treat you.

Yes I have been taken for a mug in the past, and yes it has cost me, but, and it is a big but, after many years I have a group of people who I can call on anytime, who remember what I have done for them in the past.

There will always be takers who stiff you, but most people do the right thing.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, where I thought Rover was on the money is where he said that "Gifts" like a day carting or suchlike are just that "gifts"

They are not part of the wages so to automatically expect stuff in return is a bit churlish.

How bloody true Stevie, the better you treat em the worse they treat you. They can come to expect bonus and meals and early finish. Sod that, I too lent a lad money for a car, and when he was short I didn't get money for a couple of weeks, got it in the end. He went off and got a job elsewhere and now doesn't even reply to my txts. I look after myself now sod the rest.

Sent from Outerspace.

Sorry I was responding to this. Not paying attention and hadn't realised there were another 2 pages of posts.

Had friends come to stay last night and the red wine flowed freely. Brains a bit addled today.

I spoke as I found Bren, that's how I came up with my opinion on this matter. Everyone is different and I treat people like I would hope to be treated. Whether they reciprocate is a different matter.

Sent from Outerspace.

I spoke as I found Bren, that's how I came up with my opinion on this matter. Everyone is different and I treat people like I would hope to be treated. Whether they reciprocate is a different matter.

Sent from Outerspace.

Not saying you're wrong, just that I can't agree with you.

I think many of us will have been shafted at some time or another.

on the whole though I find that the equation balances, if you keep helping people, you keep getting repaid (in the long run).

I had a boss that took us out for a meal and a piss up at christmas, that was pretty cool. The odd lend of a van was a huge help, and I lived in an old caravan at one companys yard for 3 months too.

Now I'm a subby I try and return the favour putting in the odd day free of charge. A job gets rained/snowed off, cancelled or whatever, I'll go and work in the rain for someone else for free. It's a small help really but it's those horrible days that an extra pair of hands are appreciated I reckon.

Definitely never took any of their generosity for granted. Just because the hand stopped feeding you doesn't mean you have to bite it off? :001_huh: