550xp playing up yet again

Breezeblock

A team mate of mine has a 550xp for the last 6mths.during this scorching weather we've had, he's had nothing but problems with it, our local dealer won't touch it because the saw was bought somewhere else(internet)due to difference in price. When cutting a 10-20inch log the saw just cuts out at full revs, spoke to a Husqvarna rep last week and he said that the fuel pipe is getting krimpt between body and back handle.just don't know what to do, unfortunately husqvarna have gone back a step with the new models.. :(

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got of the phone to Husqvarna with no joy.Said i need to take it back to supplier.Dont see how they can treat customers in this way they've got my money and ive got something i cant use . They think I've got nothing better to do with my time.They are a joke:thumbdown:

Just throwing in my thoughts, chap that works with us has a 550 and until the heat no problems. Complete pig to start when hot, he stripped it down and full clean especially the air filter and has seemed to sort it out.

I now run a 560 with 3/8 conversion and that has had new carb coils and new software to the chip. What a saw, cuts so much quicker than standard pitch and has no running problems.

Also got a 576 replaced by the 560 due to crank shearing 10 weeks to fix by the dealer. But as it was in the serial number allocation husky did the repairs free. Went to use it the other day now back at dealer due to carb malfunction. Again when it runs its a beast of a saw.

Hopefully they can sort the issues as the 5 series saws are brilliant when they work.

Just throwing in my thoughts, chap that works with us has a 550 and until the heat no problems. Complete pig to start when hot, he stripped it down and full clean especially the air filter and has seemed to sort it out.

I now run a 560 with 3/8 conversion and that has had new carb coils and new software to the chip. What a saw, cuts so much quicker than standard pitch and has no running problems.

Also got a 576 replaced by the 560 due to crank shearing 10 weeks to fix by the dealer. But as it was in the serial number allocation husky did the repairs free. Went to use it the other day now back at dealer due to carb malfunction. Again when it runs its a beast of a saw.

Hopefully they can sort the issues as the 5 series saws are brilliant when they work.

HI MATE i was going and get a 550/560xp but it sound a night mere mate best place them in one large skip mate thanks jon :thumbup: