Firewood suppliers that are approved for RHI (domestic)

youcallthatbig

As I understand it, a quarterly payment of 12.2p/kwH as assessed to heat the property by a little man with a clipboard will be paid, providing the fuel used is purchased from an accredited supplier, hence the OP.

My hopes are similar to those of Devon Johns post, but I suspect I might have to submit invoices to justify payments.... otherwise how can they police it?

It would be far better to have metering on the small domestic units and disregard the source of fuel.... whatever is used ... it will not be oil, which is what the point of the exercise, is it not?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like all schemes run by governments. have not a clue how to run,manage them. wind,solar.hydro. all a minefield to get started in to produce electric cheap.

then they announce they are giving the shale gas explores tax breaks to look for gas. once again giving tax payers money to those who have plenty. instead of help to you and others who want to run sustainable power. if i could get a grant i would have a wind turbine.biomass boiler in tomorrow.but at present the cost to set up i could never afford to do it. maybe the biomass i may just be able to save up but as for wind 20k for a turbine not a goer. the government has missed the boat on this

You're right there Sparrow! We were building an extension a couple of years back which included replacing the 25yo oil boiler. Only because the boiler had to be replaced and I wanted to get off oil was it viable to instal biomass. There was the initial grant payment which went some way towards taking the edge off the cost but the empty promises over the past years regarding the domestic tariff is a disgrace! Not at all sure shale gas extraction is as straight forward and risk free as we're being led to believe either!

i wish they would ban all of these schemes, even wood mills are struggling for logs with the pushed up prices, free market:confused1::lol:

So would I!! the demand is outstripping the supply already, and businesses are still setting up selling boilers and stoves like they are some kind of gold mines, cash through the rhi seems to be the 'hook', but no one is co-ordingating with timber suppliers to find out how sustainable it really is (or Not!), or how this will effect building industry etc with prices of timber going through the roof.

I'm not interested in supplying anyone else with a boiler, they use 25 tonnes+ per year which is a massive amount of extra firewood to process, for each new customer, and they always want it cheap as they need so much. Let them sort out their own firewood and find out how much hard work is involved, and how expensive/difficult it is to obtain timber nowadays, season it and process it.

Also I cant believe the customers with boilers I've supplied, who only have enough storage space for 2 weeks supply, and expect you to turn up every 2 weeks with bone dry logs whatever the weather....