anyone on the isle of wight had kit stolen?

marc laycock

Hi Guys and girls I won an item (ms200t) on ebay it,s an old saw screw on fuel cap got it the other day and have only had a proper look at it today the serial numbers have been filed off, I sent a question to the seller asking WHY and all I got back was it was an old company saw.

I told them I was not happy with the answer (as he would not tell me the company name also).

He assured me it was not stolen and he would find out the serial numbers (a lot of good that will do me)

So I have two options (1) give it to the police or keep it for spares as it will not run (and see if anyone on here knows anyone in that part of the country who has had kit nicked.

Contact ebay, let them deal with it. I'd want my money back personally.

it's not about the money, I would rather the person who had the kit stolen (if it was stolen) got their kit back, and the person who nicked it gets what's coming to him.

Ebay will not inform the police they will just ask the seller to refund my money if I return the item (so giving the seller another chance to relist the item). so I guess I have answered my own question police it is.

However if anyone on the isle of wight has had a ms200t nicked it had something written on the air filter cover that would help to I.D. it contact me