Firearms demo

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What calibers Dean? Micks right basics first NSP's etc. show the difference in bullets and bullet speed and what that means in ft Lb energy. Ballistic gel is a good medium but not as much fun as sealed containers with fluid. You can make explosive targets with the use of a drill and a couple of bits of ply and a shotgun cartridge!🙈

Demonstrate what constitutes a safe back stop and what the difference of trajectory can have on impact.

150 plus instructor will need ear protection so I would suggest a couple of boxes of foam plugs.

Lots of things but you have to be safe! 👍

I've had people pass me closed guns before and then looked pissed off cos I've had to clear them infront of them.....:001_rolleyes:

I agree with all the safety stuff . Been shooting for 45 years + and never had an accident . I do remember one of the first times I was clay shooting at the age of say 16 and I turned around in the stand with a closed gun and the bloke behind me pointed out my error . I learn t from that . On the silly side there are some members of the caravan club that would be fair game in my opinion ........:sneaky2:

I agree with all the safety stuff . Been shooting for 45 years + and never had an accident . I do remember one of the first times I was clay shooting at the age of say 16 and I turned around in the stand with a closed gun and the bloke behind me pointed out my error . I learn t from that . On the silly side there are some members of the caravan club that would be fair game in my opinion ........:sneaky2:

That was the point of my post, but I used the P word, seems its too offensive and it got edited:blushing:

Good idea actually showing the damage a firearm or shotgun can do.not a believer of red tape but it wouldn't go a miss on some basic safety and the effects off to new licence holders of shotgun cert and firearms cert as their is no training required to apply for them. I have seen people that have no concept what damage they can afflict with a shotgun.i always thought they should shoot at a 5ltr drum just to show what happens . Good on you

When I was in Cambodia years ago. We went to a scary firing range ran by pissed up military. You could shoot pretty much any weapon u liked, including bazookas. They told me someone bought a cow along once and blew it up, maybe true, maybe not, but reckon it should keep your crowd interested.:)

I reckon the cow bit to be true ; )