jnoon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tw 150 prob is one of my favourite chippers, also love the quad chip

But it all boils down to budget I suppose

Josh Noon Tree Services

whats yr budget, think about it ,getting the right chipper NEW on finance will pay in the long run,if you look after it ,keep blades sharpe ,service it on time ,my jensens 8,yr old ,1350 hrs ,:thumbup1:

whats yr budget, think about it ,getting the right chipper NEW on finance will pay in the long run,if you look after it ,keep blades sharpe ,service it on time ,my jensens 8,yr old ,1350 hrs ,:thumbup1:

John is right, bite the bullet.

Don't mess around with crap old kit and it will pay for itself.

Yes but also added stress meeting the finance payments,

I personally would rather have a cheaper older chipper that I have purchased outright that way if work slows up or something at least I own all of my gear outright

Josh

Josh Noon Tree Services

Up too you but I have been there and I hate old knackerd machines. Your a business and business needs investment to go forward.

If a machine cost you 200 a month thsts 50 quid a week to have a good vital bit of kit.

Peanuts in reality.

Ive had a Kwikchip 160 for just over a year now, i personally like the machine and think as a 6" it is very worthy. It did have issues with the stress box and required a new box and also a new fly wheel sensor but after that it has done us very well. The whole chipping side of it I'm happy with, with a wide hope it doesn't get hung up on forking branches as much as i found with the Timberwolf and also Arboreator . It does seem as if they have saved weight on the chassis though and it has cracked in a few places and required welding, but that said between 2 of us it has been easy to wheel around people gardens :).

Thanks for the info,

I was lucky enough to get mine at a good price,

Only negative is I believe the no stress isn't working unless I haven't put anything big enough through it to kick it off,

However very pleased will be putting it to full work next thurs and Friday,

I've just serviced the oil and filter, and welded 2 bars on the Shute adjusters so no need for a spanner 👍,

But my god the bits we took up to test it it ate them 😃,

We tested it with sycamore and leylandii and it did a lovely job,

Looks like its recently had new throttle cable, two new tyres, new battery and a lick of paint

Re the chassis, someone has obviously overcome the problem by strengthening the whole lot and by adding a new box axle chassis with new indi spension units,

All in all I'm happy with it so far, but tone will tell

Ps where do you get ur blades from? Rotatech, ?

Josh

Josh Noon Tree Services