Rock climbing

Sciadopitys

as with trees have a good look and try to get the route set in your head.hand holds and foot holds etc. as jason said remember your feet.start easy if u go to hard on the crimpy stuff youll pump up and that will cut your day short.is a wierd feeling trusting someone to belay you. if u go indoors try an auto belay,get a bit of freefall before it grabs you:scared1:

Edited by taffupatree

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For inspiration and just for the joy of it here is Chris Sharma, previously mentioned.

[ame]

[/ame]

And this ladies and gentlemen is the great johnny dawes back in the eighties. This man was my inspiration for climbing and the film this is a trailer for, was always playing in my house. Interestingly enough, he makes the connection between gritstone climbing and tree climbing in the film.

[ame]

[/ame]

it's great, if you've not done it before you'll just be on the big 'jugs' use your feet.

my mate chris did the score for the films E11 and grit kids

[ame]

[/ame]

it's much harder than tree climbing, much much harder

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

E11 reminds me of my first E1, Don't laugh. It was cenotaph corner in the Llanberis pass. I bailed out at the crux on the first attempt and ripped two bits of gear out. My belayer shot up to meet me. we had to laugh as everyone on the walls either side were laughing already. one guy peeled off because he was laughing so much which caused another two to do the same. All 4 of us were at our cruxes. classic cliff action. E11! wow!

It takes 14 camera shots to get the late great Dan Osman to the top. Assuming they only had one camera, thats 14 climbs to get that. Multiple cam positions would have been visible, but at best 5 ascents.

There's no denying that man had rock charisma though. It's no surprise that he's dead now, not from climbing but from his own take on bungee jumping. Proper nutter.

Fast climbing thread?