Back pack blowers & long dry grass

porky

Has anybody ever used a powerful Back Pack Blower to shift dry long grass into heaps, for collecting up, instead of raking it up?

I'm talking about grass in a Churchyard that gets cut a couple of times a year but has to be raked off. I have always used hay rakes in the past, just looking to speed up the process if possible.

Yeh done this quit a few times u want a stihl br600 though we have a 550 and 500 no where near the same push

Br600 does that job quit well pushes snow , saw dust

And stump grindings about to :lol:

It's one of the best tools I own and that saying something

Your best bet by far is one person raking and another blowing (I find we only need to use a handheld Stihl, can always double up also)

I did the exact type of job you described three weeks ago. No issues at all.

No matter how powerful the blower, there's a limit to the pile of grass it can shift. One person on the rake can shift it no worries, and the blower doing the same area at the same time removes the need to scratch the ground with the rake more than once to get the last little bits, if that makes sense.

Make sure your guys know what the barrow is also. Winds me up when they just keep blowing at a giant pile of grass rather than use their brain and remove it in the barrow.

The BR600 is probably the most powerful blower out there. But unless your going to use it for a lot of other jobs, the handheld and rake will do fine.

HTH