New Husky 550xp problem

woodlander

Not big in saws more on excavators but had a basic Husky for years and it was great decided to splash out and get a 550 after reading the reviews.

Did about an hours sawing and the bar and chain was overheating took it back to the suppliers who after 10 days said it was fine and they had fixed it ,got it back and after 15 mins bar and chain really hot again see photos ,the oil is going down but only a very fine mist off the bar end at full revs with the oil control full open ,cleaned all the oil channels.

my old saw used to fling a fair bit of oil off the chain but you have to look hard to see the oil from this is this normal for the 550?

5976655108ee3_eqipmentphotos014.jpg.b7d58af3f1c0ebfbad83a0eeef15473d.jpg

5976655106e8c_eqipmentphotos013.jpg.2dd01ff66fd8e974d9a86435722bb7fe.jpg

I would not worry about the paint coming off . All Husky bars loose their paint pretty quick . As long as its not smoking or binding up and oils is getting to the bar I would say its ok . Would have to see in the flesh as it were to be sure though .....

I've come across a 560XP which was less than a year old and appeared to be oiling. But the bar was burning in the cut. He returned it under warranty and they found it had been shipped with the wrong oil screw/worm gear.

So on start-up and blipping the throttle with no load, all seemed ok. But as sold, there was never going to be enough oil for cutting.