and there it was GONE

pmtree

That's the third company in the East Midlands I've heard of that's been done over since the start of the year! We only just got our insurance cheque paid in the bank today! PMTree, If you've got identifying marks or serial numbers post them and we'll know what to look for. All our kit is now engraved in multiple places, it might not stop it getting nicked but if it makes it more difficult to move on it's got to be a good thing!

Just a quick note to this that pete hasn't said, but due to an admin cock up with his insurance sharks non of the the kit apart from the LR was covered. This could have been far worse as he also had a 19/28 Greenmech SafeTrack in the yard that they could not get away with quickly so was left, I suggest that everybody double check their policies are fully in force as thefts will only increase as the economy gets harder.

Pete if you need a loan of a road tow chipper, please give me a ring as i have a few p/ex around the yard that you can use.

Andy.

Bad news mate.

Just an idea about chipper theft. If we removed the spouts and kept them away from the chippers when unattended, they would have to at some point go into a dealer to get a spout?

Sorry for the crap explanation :) but this is pretty standard practise with Jet skis (They take the seats off as skis dont have spouts before anyone says lol!!) and most ski insurers require it. Also the dealer networks dont just sell spare seats, you have to prove its your ski first.

Just a thought and it would require an all or no-one approach but maybe worth thinking about?