Ustulina Beech Removal

jeanesy

Thanks for the illuminating cross-section pics; I tend to think every tree has potential to be preserved, but given limited root activity etc., reducing and retaining was not the best option on that one.

It had been reduced in the past, but I think because of the location it had to be a fell. It's a shame, it has altered the landscape a fair bit.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a replacement planned for it in any condition?

To be honest I don't know. We weren't down to stump grind. There is a row of limes and a nice yew in close proximity but as I said it has left a big gap. A couple of chestnuts on the other side of the road were taken out a few years ago as well. I hope there is a replacement in place. It all depends on budget I guess.

Thanks jeanesy for that and all who gave an opinion.Times are a changing in our line of work and if you can stay one step ahead of the next guy that can only be a good thing.

The thing is no matter how good you may think your priceing is on jobs there always

seems to be someone else under cutting you on the price and how these guys make money I don't know.

A little of subject I know but only want'd a little advise so thanks to all who gave it.

On a biggish roadside job (or any really) advice from an Internet forum has pretty limited value.

I don't mean this as a knock to the people on here who give up their time, expertise, advice and opinions, but sometimes you just have to be there to look at a job properly.

Yes I know what you are saying and as always it is best to see any job.

But was sure that someone who deals with logs and priceing volume of timber day to day could give me a rough idea of price per ton.so again thanks to all who gave me a bit of direction.

To be honest I don't know. We weren't down to stump grind. There is a row of limes and a nice yew in close proximity but as I said it has left a big gap. A couple of chestnuts on the other side of the road were taken out a few years ago as well. I hope there is a replacement in place. It all depends on budget I guess.

Best to have a close look at those other trees as well, water borne spore and loves Lime, Zeus spores from memory, love swimming road side trees best form of transportation , in the splash, very well underestimated problem with our prominent roadside trees, I have condemned much less obvious infections and all have proven to be well and truly dysfunctional.

On a biggish roadside job (or any really) advice from an Internet forum has pretty limited value.

I don't mean this as a knock to the people on here who give up their time, expertise, advice and opinions, but sometimes you just have to be there to look at a job properly.

Now then Mark, i,m not in the least offended I only know in part read posts, yours i try to read in full, (as i like to give you stick :thumbup1:) sorry totally forgot where i was going with this, FM you havent given me stick in a while, ... why not :thumbdown: must be the red wine :laugh1: