Ustulina Beech Removal

jeanesy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What tonnage did you get of it and did you sell it on or log it your self?

Just that I have 2 to do similar size and the client would like a deal for the timber.

Just a guide really as to what would be a fair price either to knock of the quote given or what to sell on for?

Thanks for any guidance.

Just that I have 2 to do similar size and the client would like a deal for the timber.

Just a guide really as to what would be a fair price either to knock of the quote given or what to sell on for?

Thanks for any guidance.

I am seeing a lot of this lately, hope it does not become the norm, the job costs what the job costs and re sale value in the timber is a bonus/part of the job cost if the client wants that bonus then let them negotiate and sell the timber, unless the client is a good potential future customer.

Thanks for any guidance.

To be honest mate, the company I work for don't really do firewood, most of the wood either gets divided up between ourselves or the owner. Now and then they'll get a few people loading up their own trailers with wood to split themselves. I know they're missing a trick but it's not my company.

As for knocking money off the quote, I guess it's up to you, our boss knocks money off in relation to how much time it will save in ringing up and shifting timber, but then he doesn't sell the stuff on. As for tonnage, haven't got a clue.:confused:

It.s not that often I get ask'd but to be fair he has already agreed the price for the job and is an alright guy.

Just want to be fair and I here what your saying and I do think that it might become more common as more people get wood burners and clients who have a few large tree's which need felling and know the price of logs etc now want a little discount or keep the wood and log it them self's.

It is a perk of what we do I guess but there's plenty of meat on the bone and will still

make what I want on the job.

I would guesstamite between 5 or 6 tons of nice beech.

It.s not that often I get ask'd but to be fair he has already agreed the price for the job and is an alright guy.

Just want to be fair and I here what your saying and I do think that it might become more common as more people get wood burners and clients who have a few large tree's which need felling and know the price of logs etc now want a little discount or keep the wood and log it them self's.

It is a perk of what we do I guess but there's plenty of meat on the bone and will still

make what I want on the job.

I would guesstamite between 5 or 6 tons of nice beech.

I was thinking about that weight.

A lot of people here want to keep the wood which is fine by me, sometimes when pricing you have to be careful about how you phrase how the wood will be left, when you say logged as in cut to 500mm say clients will think split, or, when they see a ring of 500mm of a big treee which can weigh 200kg itself they start getting antsy and ask you to Cut up the big bits a bit"

Just ring'd into workable sections not split have made sure the client understands this.

Just need a straight answer to how much 5 or 6 tons is worth either to sell on or do a deal with the client so I don't get done and I see the client o k and everyone a winner at the end of the day.

Just ring'd into workable sections not split have made sure the client understands this.

Just need a straight answer to how much 5 or 6 tons is worth either to sell on or do a deal with the client so I don't get done and I see the client o k and everyone a winner at the end of the day.

It's not worth anything until it is a saleable product, which mean the labour to shift it turn it into firewood size pieces (however that may be some here have varying sized wood processors often these guys want certain size timber straight) then seasoned for the appropriate time.

OK, a starter for 10.

Firewood prices roadside seem to be between £30 and £60/ton, depending on species, where you are etc. That tends to be processor type cordwood in large quantities, but it would give you a starting point to base your figure on.

Alec