Tajfun Processors

farmer_ben

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both a friend and myself had one on hire/demo from Kilworth and put approx 80 tonne through it, mainly of Larch and some Conifer right up to the max it would take.

It turned out a consistent product at a fantastic rate and really can cope with some pretty large material for it's size.

The joystick control is a pleasure to use and everyone took to it straight away.

I simply can't praise it enough and we only had one very simple issue which was sawdust building up in the outlet and preventing the bar returning enough.

There is a grille over the outlet for safety I assume and obviously cutting this out would help but a bit naughty?

However there is an optional sawdust extractor to bag the sawdust up which can be electric or hydraulically operated which in the video looks extremely effective and would clear any issue I suspect.

One call to Andy at Kilworth mid Saturday afternoon when this first occurred, had a brilliant response.

After much checking via the phone, he promised to get someone out to us and he certainly did! Towing another complete machine all the way out just in case, and to add insult to injury we found the issue by chance just as they arrived!

It really only was half an inch the bar needed to travel and a good future learning exercise for all anyway.

If you need to transport a processor regularly it folds up brilliantly and fitted nicely with the width of the Valtra N series.

Needless to say the unit didn't go back and another will be coming for either myself or another friend once we sort who's going to run it.

Eddie.

Both a friend and myself had one on hire/demo from Kilworth and put approx 80 tonne through it, mainly of Larch and some Conifer right up to the max it would take.

It turned out a consistent product at a fantastic rate and really can cope with some pretty large material for it's size.

The joystick control is a pleasure to use and everyone took to it straight away.

I simply can't praise it enough and we only had one very simple issue which was sawdust building up in the outlet and preventing the bar returning enough.

There is a grille over the outlet for safety I assume and obviously cutting this out would help but a bit naughty?

However there is an optional sawdust extractor to bag the sawdust up which can be electric or hydraulically operated which in the video looks extremely effective and would clear any issue I suspect.

One call to Andy at Kilworth mid Saturday afternoon when this first occurred, had a brilliant response.

After much checking via the phone, he promised to get someone out to us and he certainly did! Towing another complete machine all the way out just in case, and to add insult to injury we found the issue by chance just as they arrived!

It really only was half an inch the bar needed to travel and a good future learning exercise for all anyway.

If you need to transport a processor regularly it folds up brilliantly and fitted nicely with the width of the Valtra N series.

Needless to say the unit didn't go back and another will be coming for either myself or another friend once we sort who's going to run it.

Eddie.

Eddie thanks for your reply.

Yes Kilworth got straight back to me when I enquired and I am hoping to arrange a demo.,

Have been lots of positive comments on here about them and they aren't much more expensive the HP or Japa I was looking at. Not sure if I would go for electric joystick option or the manual, less to go wrong with the manual?

Not seen one in the flesh! But I was talking to a bloke in Attleborough last week who has got one, he said he was getting along well with it.

Thats not far from me Simon, do you think your friend would let me come have a look?

Like I said, they are getting some good reviews, seem very well built and capable of handling decent size timber.

Thats not far from me Simon, do you think your friend would let me come have a look?

Like I said, they are getting some good reviews, seem very well built and capable of handling decent size timber.

He's not a friend of mine, just some bloke that was delivering logs to a house I was doing a job at. I got chatting to him and he was telling me about his processor.

Eddie thanks for your reply.

Yes Kilworth got straight back to me when I enquired and I am hoping to arrange a demo.,

Have been lots of positive comments on here about them and they aren't much more expensive the HP or Japa I was looking at. Not sure if I would go for electric joystick option or the manual, less to go wrong with the manual?

I suppose it's always hard to embrace going with what can be considered a luxury when simple levers would do the job perfectly, however once used I doubt you'd want anything but the joystick?

One thing I did find, as I was doing the loading I didn't get too much time at the controls peronally but a number of people did spend good time at the controls and I got to see how their differing styles could really impact upon production?

The best method seemed to be to learn to operate the Joystick with your left hand, and have your right ready to open the cover should any issue arise?

This immediately stops all the operation and it's usually just a case of flicking a round into place that's got a little crossed up.

The other thing that really showed was the Operators who took that little bit more time got the best production? The operation is very fast and some simply took the approach that if you keep pulling the lever the machine will do it all?

There's always something to be looking at with a processor? I'd say you 'Operate' them not 'Drive' them like any machine and a few moments here and there to clean things out etc can make all the difference to output.

I had a look through and sadly only took a few pictures but there's loads more about from all the visitors we had.

As with anything take a good look yourself and see if it'll work for you but 100% worth getting over in the first place and Kilworth seem very switched on compared to most suppliers.

Eddie.

5976651b3b139_StaffordshireMoorlands-20130406-01582.jpg.c47a0db8eb64e52ec2b345b0b08e0a16.jpg

I suppose it's always hard to embrace going with what can be considered a luxury when simple levers would do the job perfectly, however once used I doubt you'd want anything but the joystick?

One thing I did find, as I was doing the loading I didn't get too much time at the controls peronally but a number of people did spend good time at the controls and I got to see how their differing styles could really impact upon production?

The best method seemed to be to learn to operate the Joystick with your left hand, and have your right ready to open the cover should any issue arise?

This immediately stops all the operation and it's usually just a case of flicking a round into place that's got a little crossed up.

The other thing that really showed was the Operators who took that little bit more time got the best production? The operation is very fast and some simply took the approach that if you keep pulling the lever the machine will do it all?

There's always something to be looking at with a processor? I'd say you 'Operate' them not 'Drive' them like any machine and a few moments here and there to clean things out etc can make all the difference to output.

I had a look through and sadly only took a few pictures but there's loads more about from all the visitors we had.

As with anything take a good look yourself and see if it'll work for you but 100% worth getting over in the first place and Kilworth seem very switched on compared to most suppliers.

Eddie.

Eddie, thanks for that. I appreciate you may not have many photos but any you have i would be interested in seeing. The is a fair lump of timber in there! The only query i see at this point is the conveyor doesnt swing across to fill multiple bags.

Yes that's correct this model did have the swinging conveyor option and I'd say it's simply a must?

It will easily do three bags or an Ifor trailer for example from one spot.

Plenty of little things I liked including how the small table we had on demo simply clipped on the back for transport and even raised/lowered hydraulically to setup.

The conveyor belt is in small sections bolted together and could be easily repaired on site without much cost or delay.

it would take a fair lump and we made certain we tried it and not only the one!

You're making some logs when you start and get some bigger gear into it I can tell you!

One part of the demo we did at a friends house to put some big conifer through for him, hard to imagine but we ended up calling another friend to jump on his mini digger just to clear stuff out of the way we were making it that fast!!

That's a 3ft bucket 5 tonner size for a bit of scale? The whole pile took approx 5 hours including setup and dismantling, with me placing it on the table with the 5 tonner and grab and just one other operating the processor. Apart from roping in another to move the pile!:biggrin:

As I say it never went back and another will be coming shortly.

Eddie.

5976651b8d086_StaffordshireMoorlands-20130224-01395.jpg.ddb29e9652dc18546c371703d968df4d.jpg

5976651b8af86_StaffordshireMoorlands-20130412-01615.jpg.76600010b29641364f9e8024c7d6c390.jpg

5976651b888ba_StaffordshireMoorlands-20130406-01583.jpg.ac03d6046d9bc6394d20732ac7b1ddf1.jpg