Opinions on this rope please?

Lancstree

I've already made my judgement as to the safety of this rope but I would like to know (particularly from loler inspectors) what call you would make if this were your rope. Its on a 50m New england safety blue. The damage is around 10m from the tail end. There are no other concerns with the rest of the rope and my concern with this damage is that it is localized and has resulted in a slight thinning of the rope diameter. Possible cause - impact from falling timber.

Apologies for the poor focus on the pics. My camera phone is crap at closeups.

moto_0044.jpg.9ebca29e5cc6180153ce658e1027fc0b.jpg

moto_0043.jpg.25a6275ad9ceb0453397e646b85f8bf4.jpg

moto_0042.jpg.3ec25a06ed9a860ad8d158321c19bdef.jpg

moto_0040.jpg.fb79a6f3751481ba30f0a2968a6e032f.jpg

I'm going to cut it and use both pieces for different size trees. I just need a new 50m rope for large woodland tree climbs. I'm not totally uncomfortable climbing on it but its always there and I have a responsibility to point out any defects to PPE to my employer.

Looks ok to me. Typical work rope. IME 50m is too long for most jobs (ok I'm old and prefer smaller trees). How often do you realistically climb above 25m?

Your idea about buying a new 50m and turning your old one into 2 more usable ropes sounds like a good 'un to me. 35m and 15m I reckon.