How much to cut these two down?

dansound

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robert.S from here came and done the job today. He came highly recommended from a few users on here

Couldn't recommend him enough, landed the first bang on, climbed the second to take some of the weight off the back and then landed that one bang on target as well. Then broke up some of the tree to make it easier for me to process in to firewood - which I hadn't asked for, but much appreciated!

Efficient, tidy work, no drama, turned up when expected and at a price that I was happy to pay - couldn't ask for anything more.

Would highly recommend Robert and will be in touch again if needing another job done.

here is his site if someone else is looking - Arbscape - West Lothian Hard/Soft Landscaping and Tree Surgery

Cheers,

Danny

Edited by dansound

Robert.S from here came and done the job today.

Couldn't recommend him enough, landed the first bang on, climbed the second to take some of the weight off the back and then landed that one bang on target as well. Then broke up some of the tree to make it easier for me to process in to firewood - which I hadn't asked for, but much appreciated!

Efficient, tidy work, no drama, turned up when expected and at a price that I was happy to pay - couldn't ask for anything more.

Would highly recommend Robert and will be in touch again if needing another job done.

here is his site if someone else is looking - Arbscape - West Lothian Hard/Soft Landscaping and Tree Surgery

Cheers,

Danny

Glad it worked out for you, :001_smile:

This has opened a can of worms!

This piece of land is my garden, deer park, Livingston.

There were approximately 10 others trees just like this that were wind damaged 2/3 years ago, when it was those ridiculous winds.

These two were the only two that never went sideways during that time, hence, they stayed. Previous owner dealt with that

I can gaurantee you that I could get these done for free/cheap - that's not what I am looking for. Sorry if you lost the conversation trail.

I am looking for someone with the skills and experience to do this, I can afford to pay for a decent job, I can't afford for some idiot to land them on the neighbours £20k solar panels or hot tub!

Some of you may not like the fact this is open on a forum, but this tends to be the thing with open forums....

I've received some good avice over PM about these and associated costs and contact details of local recommended companies, which is more than I started off with and regard to TPO

If people still sit at home with the yellow pages, calling random companies and waiting about for someone... Move on, there is technology to help these thing be easier for you. But thanks for sending me a PM on that ;-)

I've now got 3 names that either come recommended or don't sound mental, worked out for me ok so far.

If I hadn't asked how much, I could still be naive as to what others charge.

From free to £300 a tree seems to be the theme, that's saved me waiting about for the Everest Wondows of the arb world to quote me £1000 because they have the best saw on the market and shiny sales broushers.

Nice to see a lot of you passionate about me getting a decent job done. Thanks for looking out for me

Dan

good post!

300 per tree is a pro job with a second climber available for roping off and more importantly arial rescue of first climber, they will probably be better off sectioned. it will take longer to cut them up than to get them down, whether sectioned or felled.