Lock jack / spider jack

johnanderton

I was watching a demo at the Arb show yesterday & the guy got a lock jack and put a length of rope with stop knots in & a Prussic inbetween his harness & lock jack so you can pull from under , but also used a pantin on the tail to aid making the set up shorter for branch walking & longer for long climbs , does anyone have anymore info/ pics on this set up ?? Also would it work on spider jack ? Thanks John

Thanks for watching the demo John:thumbup: the lockjack was set up with a 1m tether beneath it to allow adjustable use, so you can either have it set long to pull from below so it automatically tends, or short so you have the lj right in front of you. The tether was that length so that you can stand on the bottom with your pantin whilst hanging clear of the stem and still be able to adjust the length.

The system will work with a spiderjack or any other system you wish to add it to. It is essentially an alternative version of an adjustable bridge.

I hope this makes sense, I'm still en route home from the show and starting to feel the effects of the last few days of camping! I can sort out some pictures of the setup of you would like some

Here's the setup. This is sightly different than what you saw at the show, but functions the same.

You should clip your bridge to the thimble, which is then adjustable to give you multiple positions below the lj. The tether is best left around 2m so you can stand on the bottom and adjust position while hanging in clear space. Hope this helps

1371582041713.jpg.c41723e098b24f95819b56c90786c4ba.jpg

Well done Dan. I used to use a Lockjack with a tether under it. Works really well in is good from an ergonomic point of view.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Cheers. Personally, I never got on with it myself, I was always pulling overhand with self tailing, or using the pantin. I can see how some people would enjoy it, and it does have ergonomic benefits