Enjoy life...

tommytopsoil

I don't want to bring a downer, I just want to share this.

In the last six weeks I have laid to rest two good friends and colleagues.

With a combined age of less than 60.

That Baz Luhrmann song had a line 'Get to know your parents - you'll never know when they'll be gone for good.'

It is becoming apparent that you never know when you'll be gone for good...

So whatever you do, do it for the right reasons. We are often told to spend time at home etc - a topic I have seen many times on this board alone - but do what you think is right. If you live to work then fair enough, enjoy it make the most of it, be a good person and value those around you.

If you have family, be close to them. Share with them what you do, enjoy each day and cherish them. There is no feeling more soul destroying than that of loneliness...

Most importantly, do what is right for you. Fill your life with the right things, find fulfillment and happiness.

We often think we are indestructible, iron men of the field and forest, stronger than any machine. Tough, hard working, strong and hardy.

But in reality we are just as fragile as the next and when mother nature decides the show is over, then the show is over.

Keep friendships close and never be in a position where you wish you had just said something - that opportunity may never come.

Do not worry over things that will not affect the fact that you still wake every morning and see a new sun. We all have our problems, we all bear our own crosses and equally we are all guilty of blowing things out of proportion.

Be safe, love what you do and those around you.

I wish you all the very best of health.

Tom

So true

I had cancer last year and licked it only to now have to have open heart surgery to get a new valve fitted (This coming Monday= gulp) so you never know whats round the corner. Make the most of your time here and try and be nice people. Value others in all your dealings. Well- at least try:001_smile:

Sorry for your loss mate and good luck on Monday Lumpit!

:001_smile:

Today was probably the wettest day of the year here, the job was to heavily reduce rubbish willows on a steep slope with hawthorn and brambles under it. :sneaky2:

1 of the lads was moan moan moan, wine winge winge, it just cheered me up, the guy I was working for commented on the wet day and I said." how many folk wish they were here doing this"

Life is so precious!

I am spending today's earnings on a day out tomorrow with the family and I am now having my dinner and my new favourite drink, champagne and lemon sorbet !

:thumbup1:

All the best, Likeitlumpit :thumbup1:

On an upbeat note, because we are iron men, of strong body and mind, it will take far more to break us. In the face of adversity we can handle far more than your average man. Had a bit of belly ache at the end of 2011/early2012, got over it and went back to work. You have to fight every step of the way, never give up even when it hurts. It really is survival of the fittest, mentally fit as well as physically fit.

This is a very thoughtful thread. If everyone could think like this then there would be no need for 'organised' religions.

If everyone could accept the gifts they have (while they have them)....

Likeitorlumpit - all the best for tomorrow - no doubt everyone who knows you, or knows of you, will be crossing everything tomorrow. Don't make any wise cracks to your surgeon about women drivers before the op. Best wishes

Shane