tpo-nesting birds

simonm

if a consent has been granted to dismantle a dangerous tpod tree but has nesting birds in it what do you do?

If consent was needed , then the danger aspect was not, leave the nesting birds alone find another tree to fell, did you like that ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If consent was needed , then the danger aspect was not, leave the nesting birds alone find another tree to fell, did you like that ?

Sorry, should have said, if the risk was so great consent would not be needed, so as you have applied, and the TO did not say 'Just take it down' and made you wait 8 weeks, just wait a bit longer or you will be in the ****.

Last bit, and really sorry for all my input, you are really to blame, it was your call at the start, how dangerous was the tree ? did you need to apply ? would a 5 day notice have held ? 5 day notice, if the birdies can not be saved then pop them in the chipper.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting one this, got a pop to fell subbying for someone else, tree is knackered and will fail at somepoint (maybe tonight maybe 20 years time) we found a nest and just made the phone call and went and did another job for them. I'd be very surprised if we don't have to go back and relocate the nest after guidance from the client (council) has been sought

R

Interesting one this, got a pop to fell subbying for someone else, tree is knackered and will fail at somepoint (maybe tonight maybe 20 years time) we found a nest and just made the phone call and went and did another job for them. I'd be very surprised if we don't have to go back and relocate the nest after guidance from the client (council) has been sought

R

OK, at the end of the day its down to the individual tasked to do the job, for me, once or twice in 20 years, despite all checks a nest has appeared on the ground, with chicks in it, normally Pidgin, not that i'm raciest. Its the worst thing that can happen, and you will be full of dis-pare, how you deal with that situation will sit with you for the rest of your life, best not to be put in that situation ever if you can help it, most trees will wait until birds have flown the nest before failing, you can quote me. :001_smile: