M system... Anyone heard, seen or used it yet?

I think its all in how you use it, as shown, I dont think Mike is backed up, but for work climbing anyone with half a brain would be backed up by a prussic, a'la footlocking, no ?

It is damn fast no denying that, I think theres something there actually, for them super long ascents into the canopy I never get too do...lol.

two ascendeurs locked on the rope, how is it not safe, oh I forgot!! climbers today need backups on there backups...lol, get a life guys, back in the bad old days some of us didnt even have ropes, the system looks very good for a quick ascent into a tree with very little effort, if your that worried stick a prussic on above the lower ascendeur and youll be fine. I folk didnt try new things you would all still be climbing with fibre twist ropes and knotted loops

two ascendeurs locked on the rope, how is it not safe, oh I forgot!! climbers today need backups on there backups...lol, get a life guys, back in the bad old days some of us didnt even have ropes, the system looks very good for a quick ascent into a tree with very little effort, if your that worried stick a prussic on above the lower ascendeur and youll be fine. I folk didnt try new things you would all still be climbing with fibre twist ropes and knotted loops

Get a life? I'd rather stick to a safe system and keep my life cheers.

Ascenders aren't rated for fall arrest or work positioning.

Nowt wrong with trying new things so long as there's a backup for when they don't work. Remember, better to be slow and alive than quick and dead.

its a technique for getting UP into a tree top, not for working or positioning yourself, so once your up there, switch out to your "safe" working methods, try telling cavers or rescue teams ascendeurs arent safe and see how long you last

There's a good article in Arbclimber mag issue 3, about some tests done on ascenders cutting through rope when dynamically loaded.

Rope route is key. If any part of the route crotches or forks were to fail & a fall of 1 metre + result, then tests showed not just de-sheathing but severing the rope. So if your hitch back-up wasn't ABOVE the top ascender you could be in trouble.

Innovation is good.

Going home at the end of the day is even better...

Climb safe, work safe :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App