stihl ht 75 not oiling?

stewie

cheers mate, nice of you to take time out of your sunday afternoon to help........:thumbup1:

ill have a go in a min and letyou no....guess i cant make it any worse than it is and its destined for the repair shop anyway whether its in bits or not............:laugh1::laugh1:

thanks again.......:001_smile:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi cheers lads!! ive took bar off and clean it out, took the oil tank off and the little black filter was covered in crap! thought result just that blocked so cleaned it all out and ran it but still nothing :( now this is whats throwing me off as the couple of cm groove that lines up with the oil hole on the bar is bone dry but there is a smaller hole above it an oil comes out of that real slow but it is piontless as it lines up with nothing at all on the bar?? hope that makes sense lol ill go get a pic now

If you have a compressor try blowing back to the tank to clear any gunk in the pump

If you have a compressor try blowing back to the tank to clear any gunk in the pump

Will only work if the pump is turned backwards on these pump. So have to reverse it while blowing or you get nothing past the pump.

Just thought I would add this bit.

well stripped the head down and took out the black plastic "thing" that the filter goes into and thats as far as i could get, above that is a valve that goes to the pump and as far as i can see no crap could get into that??? cleaned it all out as best i could but unfortunately no compressor as i can see where that would come in next!!! ran a bit of petrol through it when put back together and still the same :(

can take it to my mates garage to use his compressor in the morning but tbh i think its a new pump.........any ideas where to get one from on here???

thanks again for all your help.........:thumbup:

oh and ive got a few trees to cut back tomorrow that are over hanging a fishing lake.........its either a half hour job with the pole pruner or a 2 hr job if i climb them.........do i risk using the saw or wait till its done as i dont really fancy climbing weak willows over hanging a lake.........

Ok. You can just blow down the pipe with the good old lungs if you can get there.

Did you remove the pump or not?

As for use in it, I knew someone who used there's without oiling for a couple of years before deciding it was time to fix it, just had to have the chain a little bit slack to start with. He did fill the oil tank up and just let whatever leaked out to on the chain.

Use it and if the chain pops off or it gets annoying then climb. See what happens is the answer to that one. The bar may wear a bit but as I said two years this one was running without oil.

Any dealer will be able to get them for you. Try the trade directory at the top right of the page. Find one near you.

Edit also forgot to ask where abouts you where as someone will know a dealer near you.

sorry for late reply mate not had to time to play with it since that day.......but compressor never did a thing!!! put loads of air through it........then ran a bit of petrol through.........nothing..........:001_unsure:

so next question :biggrin: how do i get them pump out???

and what do i do with it when its out........:001_rolleyes:

many thanks in advance..........:thumbup1:

Stihl have a special tool, but you can pull it out without it. Using a M4 or M5 (M5 I think) set bolt some wasners and nuts make up your own puller. With the rubber bung at the bottom of the case removed look in and you will see bottom of oil pump showing there is a thread showing use a set bolt of the same size. Take set run a nut up it then a couple of washers, screw assembly into oil pump. washers will rest against cassing, bolt bolt and gently tighten nut against washers and pump will come slowly out.

Good Luck

Do NOT attempt to drive pump out from above, via the gear case or it will be U/S

When you have it out you can clean it out with airline etc as usually a bit of sawdost will be stuck in the groove up the side, reassemble and try it out. If not new oil pump approx £18

• 4 years later...