Ideal first firewood setup.

Woodworks

PS

If being used by the owner himself the designer of the Krpan splitter apparently inadvertently and unknowingly left a flaw in the design whereby the disconnection of a wee spring with ones thumb nail, and the subsequent gravity assisted rotation of a connected cam lever.

Leave it perfect for one armed operation.

For the disabled like.

It is REALLY slick.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have use a Japa 700 and a Thor 13 ton PTO splitter we have done 4/500 ton a year with no problem but I also now have a Hakki Pilke 1x37 an sort the timber out size wise as is come in.

Small stuff goes through the Japa bigger stuff the Hakki the rest split down or ringed

Hi i have a heavy duty log splitter for sale, Runs off a tractor but has its own diesel unit, on a BT cable trailer so can be moved easy tows well.

Photo on classified needs some tlc priced at £1800 but open to offers as i need it gone!

Sorry Carl

Not really after a project at the moment just a fast safe splitter. Sure it will be good for someone who needs a self powered one.

PS

If being used by the owner himself the designer of the Krpan splitter apparently inadvertently and unknowingly left a flaw in the design whereby the disconnection of a wee spring with ones thumb nail, and the subsequent gravity assisted rotation of a connected cam lever.

Leave it perfect for one armed operation.

For the disabled like.

It is REALLY slick.

That's very remiss of them :001_rolleyes:

Highly recommend the hydro combi!

Ive nearly got my ideal setup... japa 700 processor for anything sub 12", posch19t splitter for 1m billets for anything over 12" and for splitting rings.

All I need is a loading rack and another tractor to run the processor so my tractor with the loader can move bags about and keep loading the rack.

1370382294946.jpg.d6ee1156a9e5ded6f94f9a536a76fd44.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again Chris

"Big tonnage will mean it will spend more time on the fast speed (yes, a 13T will split pretty big stuff but need to be on full power/slower speed more often)."

Obvious really but I had not thought of this.

So looking at biggish machines that our tractor will handle leaves these.

Thor super magic 18

Posch hydro combi 20

Balfor 18

Posch appreciably more expensive but 130kg heavier so I guess it's built like a battleship. hmmm

I've got the old man working the posch vertical he splits about 1.5 cube an hr depending on the diameter. I recommend getting the table extended though we had the local welder add some wings to it and its now about 4ft wide so when you split something pretty large you dont have to gather it all from ground lvl again.