Selling woodchip

benedmonds

I've used AHS before to get rid of chip and they are often calling saying they want it, buzz will give you the details... They paid us £5 a ton collected.

Don't mean to spoil your arbtalk monopoly Buzz but, a friend who is doing some research at a powerstation has sent me a link for A W Jenkinson forest products, he's told me they'll give £18 a ton for arborial arisings! I guess you have to deliver it, but if your near by could be worth while.

http://www.awjenkinson.co.uk/

Anyone had any dealings?

LOL Jenkinsons are 50% AHS mate, cny new chip enquiries will be forwarded from Jenkinson to AHS. 18.00 is delivered in to Shotton. I'm not bias as AHS have made me redundant lol

AHS is still your best option for getting money out of chip TBH.

LOL Jenkinsons are 50% AHS mate, cny new chip enquiries will be forwarded from Jenkinson to AHS. 18.00 is delivered in to Shotton. I'm not bias as AHS have made me redundant lol

AHS is still your best option for getting money out of chip TBH.

Buzz, wouldn't have mentioned this unless you had said that, but a guy I drop waste to (Roger at barr beacon, Walsall/ Birmingham border) has much of his waste cleared by AHS, but the price they pay has dropped DRAMATICALLY. Does this mean its not really working out?

World demand for paper has dropped dramatically, meaning Shotton paper mill is using far less power, ergo they are cutting back on biomass supplies.

Jenkinson's are the ONLY people who can haul into Shotton, so they have a monopoly on haulage. They might tell you £18 a tonne delivered in, but then charge you £15 a tonne haulage.

Buzz, wouldn't have mentioned this unless you had said that, but a guy I drop waste to (Roger at barr beacon, Walsall/ Birmingham border) has much of his waste cleared by AHS, but the price they pay has dropped DRAMATICALLY. Does this mean its not really working out?

No, I know Roger well he is a sound guy. He had contamination issues as his site isn't the tidiest in the world is it lol !! I negotiated AHS taking his chip again but it now goes to Runcorn to be screened before the power stations will accept it hence more in the chain so i expect he gets next to nothing for it at the moment. If he builds up a good track record again it will go straight into Shotton and his price will go back up.

The demand for biomass chip will only get higher. I was made redundant due to a change in corperate stratergy making my postion dead in the water. If anybody still requires large chippers on site and chip away it can be arranged ;)