Why do I bother?

Pete Mctree

Pete as a relatively new comer to this forum i'd like to say something constructive but i'm not very good at that so...

I have learnt ALOT from this forum and your own posts, its interesting to see how others in this industry operate and just generally do "stuff". And i do admire thoose you try and tick all the boxes in regards to legilasion and "stuff".

I, like quite afew others don't like being force feed it as gospel (im not saying you do this). But Its certainly opened my eyes to a large part of this job that i hadn't really bothered with, but am slowly learning its not all swinging about with a saw and "stuff".

We're all just stubborn gits.

Keep it up mate!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading, creating and contributing to a few threads recently, I'm begining to ask myself why I bother?

In sharing information (of which I am but a minor contributor), which I think is relevant to the running of a tree team(s), I seem to be at odds with some of the posters.Not a problem for me, however there is a certain undercurrent of members who love to drag the threads down by there gleefull non adherance to legal requirements and flaunting it. For example the recent threads on LOLER and the NPTC updates. Some understand that such legislation is crutial with regards to there "duty of care " as an empoyer of direct staff or subbies, myself included and appreciate the input to help me fight through it.

I don't take the posts personally, however more thoughtfull posting and constructive debate on the pros and cons would perhaps help to consruct better threads, encouraging others to participate.

Just my thoughts.............................

Well don't Pete- I personally enjoy yr posts-An give constructive feed back where I can ( when Im not pissed that is...) So I hope you continue to do so.

K