Defender starts won't tick over

adamkaye123

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a defender 90 as my arb truck it's cheap an in good condition but he said it starts with easy start but when you stop spraying it does out, any ideas what it could be?cheers all

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App for iPhone

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a defender 90 as my arb truck it's cheap an in good condition but he said it starts with easy start but when you stop spraying it does out, any ideas what it could be?cheers all

HI MATE what is it 200/300tdi or a td5 thanks jon :thumbup:

200tdi I think I've not been to look yet was gunna see what the word on here was first

HI ADAM im sorry but we need to no what it is as td5 can a night mere i no a mate with some as you will not tick it still not fix now so need to no what engine 200/300tdi are easy to work on mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Well it's definatley not a td5 I have been told to steer clear of those! So either 200 or 300tdi that's the best I can do I'm a fraid

HI MATE look at the filters then take some one who no,s land rovers look around well as they run away with money like all things thanks jon

OK so its got fuel starvation, could be filters, could be a bad lift pump, could be crud in the tank blocking the pick up, could even be a knackered injector pump.

When he says it starts on easy start, what he means is it wont run but it will fire on ether which isn't saying much.

What year is it and how much is he asking?

It's amazing how many people try to sell a heap of cr@p explaining that it is perfect except for ...... which will be easy and cheap to sort out - if that is so why don't they fix it? All the saws on ebay that just need a new plug/filter and it'll (probably) be fine.

Ha ha ha. I'd spend my time looking at something that works. Being a land rover there will be a few things to spend your money on anyway.

I agree with other suggestions that 200 tdis and 300 tdis (pre fly by wire) are easier to work on - just make sure you know what you are buying and don't take the sellers word that it's an easy/cheap fix (so why hasn't he fixed it then???)

Cynical tree man/landy owner has spoken