Heizohack HM8-400

aodhagan

Had quite a bit to do with them both using and selling, they produce a very good chip, as with all drum chippers you may get a few straifs of timber from the end of the cord, if you keep timber going in to the feed you will get the best quality chip.:thumbup1:

Hi.

Does anyone have any experience with a Heizohack HM8-400 chipper ?

Do they produce good quality chips ?

Thanks

We had one in to do our chipping, and all of them have been through the boiler without blocking it up.

You can get really uniform chips out of decent sized wood, but as you probably know rings can get the wrong way and produce slithers in any machine.

I thought it was a decent bit of kit, are you going to get one and if so where in the country do you operate?

Rod

Hi Rod,

thanks for that.

I am based in the Irish Republic. I am considering buying a chipper alright, and the Heizohack looks like a robust machine, doesn't require massive horsepower either.

I have to sweettalk the bank manager now... thats the next hurdle !

Regards

Aodhagan

We've got one, its a fantastic piece of kit, the few niggles are the chip can get a bit dusty when wood is chipped along the grain, the top feed roller gets stuck up quite often again due to wood being chipped along the grain and the anvil and infeed chain comb need to be seam welded together because dust gets forced between the two pushing the comb into the chain. These points are really a bit insignificant considering how well it performs.

You will find it hard to beat the quality of a heizohack chipper for biomass fuel. One thing you will need to decide is what chip spec you want to work to. I have both G50 and G30 screens and normally use the G30. Be warned screens are not cheap.

Yes ours always has the G50 screen in, for speed and the power station, and the chip is a bit coarse for a small boiler, The slivers tended to lift a safety gate and the first I realised was when the fire shut down.

The Jensen and TP produce better chip but the heizohack wins on all other counts, especially surviving abuse better and cheap blades.

Although we have a big one, 14 – 800 I would say the build quality throughout the whole range of Hiezohack is good we looked at a few different builds before buying, good points in favour of the hiezohack is the style of multiple small blades and holder using a reasonably priced small blades instead of a big expensive one, this is very important especially when grab feeding or chipping ? material that may be contaminated with blunting additives! They will also continue chipping when fairly blunt, better with sharp blades but useful when you just want to finish a job and get home, although the chip quality is not so good with blunt blades. Screen size already mentioned but the through put with the bigger screen size is very impressive, site clearance situation, if it is for fuelwood production then you will have to choose the size to suit market. Speak to Alex or Stan here AC Price Engineering - Home both have good knowledge of the range and are dealers for Heizohack in this country, go see 1 working I think you will be impressed good luck

Hi,

.. thanks very much for your advice and comments, very much appreciated.

I just registered with Arbtalk today and I'm very impressed with the response to my post.

It,s hard to beat getting an honest opinion from a user.

Regards,

Aodhagan