Purpose Built Forwarder Thread (OSA, FMG/Bruunett, Entracon, Norcar/Logset etc)

I used to have MF 1200 years ago, fully guarded with cranab crane off a bruunett forwarder,front blade, sprayed in MB track green and black paint, it looked the the dogs bollocks but boy did it have its drawbacks, low ground clearance, and only one steering ram which was pretty poor at turning due to lack of power in the steering pump, another thing it kept mincing the rubber grommets in the main pulley that linked the engine to the gearbox, saying that though it was a very good machine for what we used it for which was skidding out the felled trees with the skidders, and cutting up by saw and stacked with the Mf on the forestry road,

Skidded unit is just the term for the basic engine-gearbox-axles without any of the wheels or bodywork, as bought by people like County from Ford, then its all built up as a machine.

6354 lovely engine and the beast had far more grunt than the County, regularly pulled the hydratongs apart :001_smile: but very low road speed and poor hydraulic flow.

Stanley Drobonski used to convert them into small single bay forwarders.

Most people forget the likes of the international 634 etc

PICT1296.jpg

It was benson who took over county that also developed the 4x4 transit

TCD I don't know about the skidder engine but I cant see it being different.

Your top pic saying skidder serial number is exactly the same place as where the vin plate is on the tractor which is an aluminium plate.

The lower pic is where the engine model is cast into the block.

I would hazard a guess as it being the same. I cant see neuss soley casting a separate engine block just for a skidder when its exactly the same engine?

Jon/Shavey did you realise the mf1200 uses the perkins out the mf525 combine? I need to pull one out a scrap combine soon which is in good working order....

No I didn't realise that it makes sense a proven good engine around that time did they use that engine in the 1135 as that was a great 2wd tractor and very collectable :thumbup::thumbup:

Most people forget the likes of the international 634 etc

PICT1296.jpg

It was benson who took over county that also developed the 4x4 transit

Bray did some great conversions in there day I got a 434 it's been in the family since it was 2yrs old great reliable and so cheap to keep running

• 2 weeks later...