Health & Safety Deregulation Bill - Exemptions for the self employed

WorcsWuss

any H&S guy who is any good will have made his job surplus to requirements within a week, ie he will have sorted out all the problems and put in place safe working policies, most of the wankers in these jobs keep changing the goalposts to justify there own glorified ideas of self importance, as I have said many times before, asll that is really needed is a return to the use of common sense

I think we could argue all day long that everything potentially affects others.

And that's how we got into the bonkers situation we're in now in the first place.

If it means that only if you are making decisions for others are you covered by h&s law then that will be alright, ie running a company and providing equipment for use by your employees, or accepting works which your employees are obliged to do, and anything in public space.

If a collective of self employed people are working together in private grounds then certainly the only legal requirement should be common sense.

Reputation should then weed out the good from the bad.

I know, what an irresponsible suggestion!!

But we've been conditioned to recoil at such ideas and it's going to take a while to undo all the brainwashing.

If this is the start of it then it's implementation will earn my vote next time around.

I have finally got my head round H&S and its changing :sneaky2:. I used to charge £15,000 to supply and install a diesel generator and try and do the 40 pages of BS for free. Now the generator is free and the the bull s cost £25,000 works for me :thumbup:

I have heard from the man himself (on the news) they the government will allow the H/S person/department to be sued if giving a wrong or misleading H/S fact.

Glad to see comm-sense back, this should work for such has myself who work in the woods on a lone working practice. lost one or two jobs through F/C JOBSWORTH and then the woods where not cleared out.

Has I keep ranting about Parliament makes the laws the courts interpret them not some jumped up little jobsworth

through all of this I cant escape the thought that the HSE intervention fee has been put into place for a reason

, perhaps not to diswade poor practice but in the same way as speed cameras were used a cash cow .

if you cant use the carrot then its time for the stick