A day in the life

RC0

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read the thread but what is in the bum bag (fanny pack!)?

Also, was the little axe for snedding stubs off on the way up?

The bag is for packing wedges. The axe is for hitting them.

We wedge lots of tops over, although not on that particular day. Often its just not practical to be setting pull-lines up above, or climbing higher for that matter....and you never quite know how well something is weighted until you get up there, or which way the wind is blowing etc. Thanks

Nice vid again Reg. You are getting a Canadian slant to your accent if i'm not mistaken :001_tongue: Not a bad thing, a friend of mine that lives that way now has taken on the twang, I take it you are happy their as he is:thumbup1:

I liked the beginning sequence of your talk through your day as it was a verbalised go through of what some of us do on occasions.

Danavan, tryin not to get an accent, and I dont think I will now at my age.

In fact, one of the guys had seen that show 'An idiot Abroad' and commented " he sounds just like you Reg....says a lot of similar stuff too". So, I've got nothing to worry about then!

Atree. I dont know what to say mate. We got in under the skilled workers scheme. Juliet got part time work and I started a business. We share the childcare....I work 4 days, she works 3. The whole process took about 4 years. You could probably get sponsored by a big company and then perhaps apply for residency while you're working here....like you would in Aus and NZ etc....they might do working holiday visas also, but I don't know for sure.

The work its self. Well I can think of some who would probably do alright and some that would really struggle. If you're a gear intensive, handsaw bearing fancy-dan type climbing enthusiast, then you would probably fall into the latter category....if I'm being honest. Its often a more basic a brutal mindset that is effective.....matched with a good game plan, obviously.

People ask all the time, and I dont know what to say, because its a big subject. You need to be specific.

weathers beautiful right now....mid/high 20's.

first pic is of Mount Baker on the horizon....probably not so clear on Arbtalk,

Second and third were taken today from the ferry. We had a job on Saltspring Island. You can just see our chipper poking up in the line-up....and then that's myself to the right, Bob (Tree service owner) left and Dion in the middle....whos another climber out here. Not sure I like that picture....something about it. But anyway, apparently a bunch of orca's shot past but I was down below and missed em.

59766498aeea3_DSC02558-Copy.jpg.f1a44fa94a4e7c93ef962bb9c39b04f4.jpg

59766498a8a00_DSC02557-Copy.jpg.06f7f8c472edcf091dc1224d8e36ff74.jpg

59766498a3d01_DSC02552-Copy.JPG.c33b72c7e79d70acf89d7f3ab89ef675.JPG

Thanks REg,

From what i have gatherd working in Canada is basic,get up and get the tree done sort of thing,

I was in Victoria/vancouver in October and loved it there,Freindly people,nice views.Big trees to say the least

Adam