My Muffler Mod :)

HandyAndy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dolmar 116 and a 026. Done some tweaks to a few 200t saws but nothing major as the saw doesn't leave much for porting anyway.

Just doesn't float my boat. A short bar does a good job on a good saw. IMO.

Plus I have way too much on the bench to have time to port anything. Just about got time to spend at home.

I as I said got my 372 ported for the reasons I gave .......my 357 is also ported and it flies lol

I still like the big beasts tho but holding them up is getting to be more of once in a while lol rather than everyday as it used to be purely due to my elbows taking so much a pounding over the years

I as I said got my 372 ported for the reasons I gave .......my 357 is also ported and it flies lol

I still like the big beasts tho but holding them up is getting to be more of once in a while lol rather than everyday as it used to be purely due to my elbows taking so much a pounding over the years

Thats one good reason for tuning a saw - lighter saw doing the work of a larger one and being less tiring on the old body.

My involvement in porting was just getting a bit fed up with just FIXING saws and wondered what I could do with a 346XP and what it would go like...that did it for me!

Thats one good reason for tuning a saw - lighter saw doing the work of a larger one and being less tiring on the old body.

My involvement in porting was just getting a bit fed up with just FIXING saws and wondered what I could do with a 346XP and what it would go like...that did it for me!

H Steve . Got room for my 390 yet ? .....:001_smile:

Spud has done 2 saws for me (346 and 372 ) that have been every day work saws . He does go the pop up piston route some times which gives even more but you would have to talk to him if its race saws you need . I have some race sprockets ( no good for work saws ) if any one is into it .

H Steve . Got room for my 390 yet ? .....:001_smile:

I haven't forgotten it Andy, just been fixing a flood of non working kit before takling it:thumbup:

There is no confusion over working and racing saws, I do the work that reaps 80% of the power gains and that fits with most peoples needs. The longest running saws I have done are Stubbys 346XP and Burrells 357XP and both have now had a lot of work done with them to much satisfaction!

The only saw I have got a bit radical with and gone pop up and full port plus a couple of other extra tweaks is my 357XP and that would just be too expensive in time to do as a standard offering on a working saw.

I guess two heads have different thoughts whizzing around in them, that and a background of motorbikes and having watched much racing doesn't help:blushing::lol: