6 anchor points for work positioning

JOEWOLFE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy I was talking about was in the US, most climbers in Scotland will be climbing off one line (with flipline or secondary lanyard etc) same as the rest of the UK.

The idea of doing all your work off 2 lines at all times is a pretty stupid idea on the whole. The second line means constant disconnecting and reconnecting to stop the lines becoming intertwined as you try to move about the crown/branchwalk etc. Very distracting to the job at hand and pointless as an attempt to be 'safer' in the tree.

Not really sure why Dundee council would do insist on double climbing lines, probably imposed by someone who's never climbed a tree in their life.

I have lived and worked in Scotland for 6 years and have seen numerous people climbing with two lines.Dundee didnt insist on anything,it's just what they did,and yes it did slow the work down quite a bit.The guy who was in charge was experienced in the industry aswell.Guess in the council someone came up with an idea and they all followed.If they did dismantles they would get out a steel core flipline but generally just the main line and a very longer secondary line.Ive seen it in other company's in Scotland as well. It's something i did notice when i turned up.

I PREFER USING A MEWP FOR TREE WORK, AS MY MISSUS GETS FUNNY ABOUT ME IN A HARNESS, SO WHEN I CLIMB I HAVE 3 45M ROPES ON ME AND I HAVE LOADS OF ANCHOR POINTS (6 FOR ASCENDING AND 8 FOR WORK POSITIONING) AM I BEING A BIT OTT? my apprentice says they teach you to use two, is this just youth filth? or has the boy got a point?

Ha ha! I think what he's saying is that this thread is pure wind up material.

:laugh1: