Hello all, recommend me..........

Fairmer

Hi all, been a lurker for many years, not a pro arb just a humble farmer who seems to spend a lot of time cutting up wind blown stuff around the farm, keeps the stoves and burners going all year so shouldn't complain.

Anyway, my trusty 346xp has been great for years and is still going strong but I have some big softwood I would like to deal with, 2-3 feet across at the base so looking for something that will take 24"-36" bar for occasional use, so a big pro saw will be wasted on me and cost lots!

My mate is off to the states next week and I have found a dealer in the states who is selling 365 specials for £400, so my question is will that pull a 28" bar and chain or should I be looking for something else?

It has to be husqy by the was because I have a TE610 for blatting around the land on: biggrin:

Cheers,

Fairmer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why a husky again.....

Shame as the 441 is awesome. Or the ms660 is also a Beafy saw with plenty of power for what you want.

But then you could go for the daddy and get the 880. Would last years with maintanace and hold its value very well if you sell it on.

Technically it will pull a 28" but really I'd agree it will run way better on a 24"

If your wanting to pull bigger bars then you'll have to go to the bigger saws as said the 395 upwards (there only 1 husky bigger and that the 3120 I'm talking new here btw)

You won't get a non pro saw to pull a bigger bar (the 365 is a pro saw lol)

|Even the 288 won't pull a 36" bar it will a 28" but better on a 26" The 372 won't pull a 36" either (mine pulls a 30" but it ported)

An old 2100 or 2101 (the muscle saws) will pull a 36" no probs if ya can pick one of them up.

You said your not gonna use it regularly and it for firewood etc then really take 2 swipes. You won't get a saw to pull bigger bars without it being one of the big pro saws and really Husky wise your looking at the 90cc plus class and big money new.

Be careful buying a saw stateside it may not be set up to work over here

I'm a faller in the states but from here so just pre warning ya that the regs there are different depending where ya buy it lol

Also IMO don't buy a saw from the PNW as they will scare the crap outta ya (not being rude)

If it's a 365 from the states and only going to be used to cut softwood, it might be worth seeing if you can get it with one of their funny chains on, I'm not sure if it's skip? or semi skip?

That way it might handle a 28" bar, not going to be ideal but should do it I would have thought.